Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce

Candidate Interview Review

Membership Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying for the role, I along with seven other candidates were invited to an assessment day. The day began at 8:45am and was finished by 4:30pm. The day was broken up with many refreshment breaks and a provided lunch.

The day began with an introductory session which outlined the itinerary for the day and what we could expect throughout it. This session included a short icebreaker exercise where we shared with each other our names, where were/are from, an interesting fact about ourselves and our greatest achievements.

We then participated in two groups exercises. The first was a NASA based exercise, where had to list 15 pieces of equipment in order of importance for the scenario/mission we had been tasked. We were split into two groups of four (decided by the assessors) and order the pieces of equipment. Once completed, the two groups came together and we presented our lists to each other explaining our decisions for each piece of equipment. The assessors then gave out the correct answers and the reasons why and our answers were scored.

During the second exercise, we were again split into two groups of four (decided by the assessors) and were told to pick any person/character we wanted to be. Once decided, we were then given a brief that we were in a hot air balloon which was rapidly plummeting towards the ground and two of us had to get out. We had to present reasons why we believed our chosen person/character should stay in the balloon. We then debated before deciding within time who should get out of the balloon and who should stay in.

The two groups then came together and discussed what each had done. We were then reset the same exercise as an entire group, but obviously on this occasion, we all knew what to expect and had to choose as strong a person/character as possible to defend our reason for staying in the balloon.

The day drew to a close with the candidates having to deliver two presentations.

The first was a 2 minute presentation in front of the entire group. In pairs, we had to pitch a benefit/feature of membership to the group as if we were talking to a prospective member.

The second presentation was behind closed doors with four staff from the chamber. We had two to present why we believed we were the right candidate for the job. We then had a small number of questions we had to answer.

The day ended shortly after that.

Candidates who were successful from the assessment day were then shortlisted and called back for an interview. The interview was fairly relaxed and required answering a number of questions. Candidates were then given the opportunity to ask any questions they may have.

Interview Questions