Grede Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.5

Robot Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsford, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grede (Kingsford, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant. The HR staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the company. I was briefed me on the history of Grede and given a tour explaining the different processes of the foundry. Toward the end of the interview I was asked a few personality questions and then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the main reason I applied at Grede?   1 Answer

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbiana, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grede (Columbiana, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, and then face to face on site with the General manager. I met with various salaried people and did a Plant Tour. I had dinner with the Plant Manager and his wife, and spent a few day looking around the area to see if it would be compatable.

Metallurgy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reedsburg, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grede (Reedsburg, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Met on campus at a career fair, took a short phone screening for background and experiences, then took an on site interview where I met the technical team, quality manager, and technical director and was given a tour of the plant. Overall a pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with ductile iron? and some other technical questions on the iron phase diagram   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grede (Oshkosh, WI).

Interview

First impressions on arriving building looked very run down on the outside. Parts scattered everywhere. Very unorganized in management. Did not even get to speak to management. Employees seemed very unmotivated and not happy. Not even a polite smile.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reedsburg, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grede (Reedsburg, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with an email and followed by an over-the-phone conversation, merely HR was seeking for my interest in the company and skill sets of mine would be brought forth to the table. Lastly, there was an on-site interview, tour of facility and interview with staff team. Three weeks later an extension was offered and I was given a week to respond. Travel expense for the interview was compensated.

Interview Questions

• They will ask for contact of previous employer or reference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was fair. HR asked what salary range I was expecting, and I told them what someone in my position would be paid. Of course, do your research first. Their offer was reasonable to commensurate the responsibilities.

Q A Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grede (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

Take you in for in person interview. Then show you what the job is like. Then they do a second interview with a higher up manager. All done same day. Can take up to 2 hours

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the job   1 Answer

Shipping Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grede in January 2011.

Interview

Was through a temp agency and then interview with Production Controller - was very straightforward, fairly relaxed. I was mostly asked about my background and told what to expect on the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of how your input was used to improve a process/procedure at a previous job?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grede in January 2011.

Interview

Well I put in my application and went and checked up on it every other day. I got a phone call from Gredes they asked me a lot of questions and then asked me to come in for a interview. The interview was detailed and they broke my history down.

Interview Questions

• Why do your want to work at Gredes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its worth working at Gredes if you want a good job.