Greenville Health System Interview Questions in Greenville, SC | Glassdoor

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Met with the nurse manager first then to a peer interview in a conference room. The peer interview was with Studer-type questions. After that, the nurse manager took me on a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a patient or their family was upset with you and how did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were assigned to be charge nurse and felt a coworker wasn't working with the team. You notice they are sitting at the desk, on the phone, etc. As you notice they aren't pulling their share of the work, how do you handle the situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and I got a call from the supervisor and had a set-up date for the interview. The supervisor called me again to set-up time for second interview. Second interview is a peer interview. Called the supervisor and told me he wants me on-board and I will receive an e-mail regarding the application process. Two weeks later and I still haven't received a single e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Something about how communication resolved an issue.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, then an in person interview with peer interviews, and a final meet and great with my potential coworkers. The questions were rather difficult with behavior style questions asking you to describe experiences or times when...

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Phone interview with the Supervisor
    Peer interview [3people] who you might work with so don't be a smart mouth or act like u don't know anything. Be honest to an extent. Always dress to impress.
    Supervisor interview-related questions
    All behavioral questions of past work experience.
    Then a tour of the dept.
    Then come in for classes of Rules Regulations etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you blah blah...etc.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with supervisor and interviewed face-to-face with Hiring Team. Received a tour of the facility. The Hiring Team looked extremely uncomfortable. If the position is to hire an internal employee, I recommend not posting it for external candidate. It's a waste of the external candidates time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult team member, what happened and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed first by the office manager and the POM. They then brought in a panel of people that currently worked in the office so they could ask me questions and they could all get a "feel " for me.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that a patient became irate and what did you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by an AA. An initial interview was scheduled at a mutually agreeable time and date with 3 managers. The interview began 20 minutes late. The cause for the late start was not explained. The interview was 90 minutes long (See interview questions section below for details). My overall impression was this was a successful interview. The "head manager" indicated they were very interested in me as well as extremely impressed with my resume and interview abilities. It was explained that there were a few internal candidates in the running and they would be my greatest competition as GHS favors internal candidates. Salary, schedule, benefits and the like were not discussed as it was explained this is all handled by HR. The "head manager" called me the next day with several additional follow up questions regarding my work history and additional personality focused questions. Approximately one week later I was again contacted by the same AA who indicated a second interview was requested by an addition 4 managers. This interview went much like the first (again see interview questions section for details). All 7 managers were very nice, positive, encouraging with great feedback and very welcoming. I was informed I would be hearing from HR should we be moving forward. I was approximately 30 minutes away when I received a frantic voicemail and email from the AA who coordinated the interviews indicating the "head manager" wanted to see me and they requested I return immediately. Of course, I did so, although very inconvenient. I discovered upon my return that I was to have been scheduled for a follow up meeting with him immediately following the 2nd interview. The AA had failed to do so. The "head manager" was very irritated by this as his current AA had failed to follow basic instructions leading to a poor candidate experience and unprofessional appearance to say the least. That meeting went very well. We discussed a handful of follow up questions regarding my personality fit with the group etc. I was informed I was the leading candidate and the AA who had been my contact throughout the process was now no longer in the running (For obvious reasons).There was one other internal candidate who had yet to apply. The deadline for that candidate to do so was the next day. The "head manager" would email me with an update to let me know if that took place and what to expect from there. He did email the next day. He would be contacting HR for processing and an offer. After 4 days I was contacted by an HR Representative by phone. She began by identified herself and verified I had in fact interviewed with the "head manager". She then abruptly blurted out an hourly dollar amount and asked if I accept. I indicated I was not privet to the entire compensation package as a whole, explained that benefits, vacation, holidays etc. had not yet been addressed and I would need that information to calculate whether this would be feasible for me. I was directed to their website. (Later upon review the web site did in fact have a section with health coverage options; however, there was no additional information regarding vacation and holiday schedules etc.) I also indicated I would like time to review and consider this offer. I was told this was not an option. Should I decline, they would be moving forward with the next candidate. The HR woman was extremely unprofessional as well as rude and unfriendly. I was shocked to be honest. I also enquired how they arrived at the dollar amount as it seemed exceedingly low. Quite honestly down right insulting. I was told that the only criteria used to arrive at this amount was years in an equivalent role. They scrutinized my resume detailing some of my experience would not be considered. Although some of my experience was administrative in nature they did not feel it should be considered as it was not a direct support role. They would only consider 4 out of 15 years experience. She also indicated that if I omitted any work experience (from working age 15 on) that was "on me". I told her I no longer include my work history from high school, although administrative, seemed no longer applicable. In total I have 25 years experience in administration and I would be happy to provide tax records. She said it was too late for that now. To summarize, I was very taken aback by the unprofessional attitude and approach this offer was presented in. The HR woman lacked professionalism as well as tact. The process and criteria in which salary is determined seems exceptionally flawed as well as the candidate experience as a whole. Clearly, I should have seen the red flags with the incompetence's of the interview coordination. For such a large concern this was an astoundingly poor process. I have declined their further attempts to have me come aboard as this is not an environment that works for me. Truly appalling.

Interview Questions

• Very formal scenario questions. Standard "Discuss a time in detail when..." line of questioning.   Answer Question

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Received phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I had to interview with the Team Leader then with her two managers at the same time. They asked what I could do to benefit the company, my experience, the normal routine. They did try to intimidate and pull the "rank" issue. Just dont let them.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished for previous employees outside of your normal duties?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They came in way above what I was expecting and more than the job advertised.

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was a mix of sharing life experiences with their corresponding lessons along with reflecting on future life goals. The interview included a tour with a current chaplain resident and a post tour conversation with the chaplain resident supervisor. I was offered a position before I left the premises. The interview was thorough and very informative.

Interview Questions

• Could you name a specific instance when you helped someone cope in a dire situation?   Answer Question

Surgical Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I got this job because a friend of mine already worked there, she mentioned my name and after filling out an online application went to a face to face interview. Now they have peer interviews as well, and phone interviews. The main campus is a trauma center and prefers for you to know the basics of all the services. The patewood campus does mostly the big Ortho cases and is very nice. Being a team player and having the energy to keep up is important. The orientation is from 3 to 6 months

Interview Questions

• What systems (ortho/neuro) am I familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation for me, but my advice would be to ask for more than the min. base rate if you have experience.