Gristede's Foods General Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gristede's Foods

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Interview

If you get into the interview, you already have the job. When I walked in they immediately asked for my ID already. I'm pretty sure they just open up their application page once every few months, take 50 people , and then hire them all. If you need a job, keep the gristedes website bookmarked. It is minimum wage though

Interview Questions

• Q. What would you do when an upset customer approaches you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gristede's Foods

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

You have to apply online under the career section on the company's website with your previous work experience, education, and a general summary of yourself. If human resources feels that you can be a fit with their company they email you back and have you set up a one on one interview with the director of Human Resources. You meet with them at the headquarters located on the west side of Midtown New York, which is difficult to find. However, once there, the human resource director makes the experience a much better one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy. They took me into the office. Before asking me any questions, they took copies of my I.D and S.S card which basically made me feel like I was already hired. The lady asked me a few basic questions. She told me I had to fill out the real application online and then attend orientation. At orientation we filled out paperwork, watched some videos on how to handle customers, alcohol, etc. Then I was assigned my job location and manager and had to report there the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work here?
      Q: How would handle a difficult customer?
      Q: Explain a time where you were in a difficult situation   Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Interview

It was an okay process.g

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for an interview, had to complete an extra online application on the spot, gave in paperwork, talked with the director of HR for 2 minutes, she took a picture of me, printed out an id, and I was hired.

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations. They told you that everyone started with minimum wage and everyone received a 25 cent raise every six months.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Fairly simple, filled out papers, answered one or 2 questions, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were forced to deal with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the first month you'll make 7.25 afterwards it'll go up to 7.50, and 10 cent raise per year.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy, they basically hire you on the spot, they do ask questions, but easy to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You start at making 7.25 and then you join the union and get a quarter rise