Griswold Home Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Bel Air, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

If you have 2 years of caregiver experience your in. There's such a high turnover rate they needed you yesterday! You do have to have your doctor give you a ppd test. It's the law and Griswold would definitely skip this process if they weren't law bound to it

Interview Questions

• How many years of caregiving experience do you have?   1 Answer

Care Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care.

Interview

Submitted resume, twice. First time director said she "never got it". Initial interview the director rambled on about how things used to be. Second interview schedule for that following week. Met with staff. Liked all but one person. Next, a phone interview with the director of corporate offices who described herself as "basically the vice president". She gave the "OK" to the director of the office and she offered the position. After thinking about taking the position, finally accepted a day later and met at the end of the week to sign offer letter.

Interview Questions

• None, the director talked and talked.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiating with that company.

Anonymous Employee in Maricopa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Maricopa, AZ).

Interview

They put an ad in craigslist that I applied but I never met the owners of the agency and they didn't call all references, either. I was called in to go to a client's place shortly after without any knowledge on conditions shortly after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation involved. They had a set rate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

A very relaxing interview especially if you have years of experience as a CNA. The recruiter was really nice and office staff seemed to be pleasant. There's a lot of paperwork to fill out!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you have chosen to perform caregiver services.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you took care of a client with dementia.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you took care of a client who was dying?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a client got angry with you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you could not get to your client on time.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a client was mean or disrespectful to you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a client challenged your authority or control.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had trouble working with a colleague or relative of a client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were asked to do something you felt was wrong.   Answer Question
    • What types of clients do you love to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are not possible, take their set rates or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

A belief one over phone first and another short one in person. The interviewer was very pleasant but she wasn't professional doing this task, she was a friend of the owner and a real estate agent?
    She gave me a bunch of papers and I filled them,that's all. she couldn't answer most complicated questions as boundaries, etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences & training I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, the pay rate was pre-determined.

Anonymous Employee in Shiremanstown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Shiremanstown, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I walked in, filled out short application, and was hired the same day, but I was given exactly ZERO training. I think this is one of the biggest problems with Griswold Home Care in general because a lot of the people who com win looking for employment have no idea what to expect, even after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the best part of the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

The agency's friend conducted an in-take interview at her work place (State Farm Ins): I never met the real agency staff or owner. She must be getting a some kind of payment from agency. She wasn't too well informed person to select(interview) this type of industry.

Interview Questions

• Not too much, she just accepted papers i brought. They never checked references, either. The main thing she did was checking paper-works I brought like Certifications, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short & simple; I don't think they really care about quality but quantity.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Spoke with owner and had a really good interview. Questions were honest and easy. It was a very comfortable atmosphere. The process did not take long. Maybe just a week before I got the job.

Home Health Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Westlake, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Not good I was told not to wear any perfume or creams
    And since I was coming from work I could come in my scrubs I was asked why I wanted to do this like was I trying to buy something pretty weird questions they took all my personal information with the intention to hire me but little did I know that I wouldn't be hired based upon I didn't interview long enough 1 and a half hour wasn't long enough these women could potentially be ruining a good business but it could be better but these women are awful and not nice.I wasn't hired because I didn't interview long enough.

Interview Questions

• Are you trying to buy something   2 Answers

Live In Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Griswold Home Care (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Well I just had to come in an application to let them know a little about the work history I have being doing Griswold is a company prefer you to other clients that is and need of services someone to come inside their homes to assist them and the clients paid after you finish you shief so we really works for ourself.

Interview Questions

• That you be on time for the job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well it was negotiation about the pay it was what it is