Grocers Supply Dispatcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grocers Supply (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I went through 4 telephone interviews before I was invited to interview with the local terminal manager. Two weeks after my interview with the local manager, I was invited to go to the corporate office in Houston for an interview. The visit to Houston was an all day affair, interviewing with five different people.

The one interview question that was pounded home repeatedly by all the interviewers was, "What would you do if a driver refused to take a load?" It certainly gives the impression they have problems with their drivers refusing to take loads. They also conveyed that one can expect to be extremely micromanaged, and that you should never under any circumstances make any decisions on your own. The answer to problem resolution, no matter how small the problem, seemed to be escalating it to senior management. It seemed to be all about control. Good place to work for someone who prefers others to do their thinking for them!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a driver refused to haul a load?   1 Answer
  • What would you do if you realized you were not going to be able to make a scheduled pick-up or delivery?   1 Answer