Grocers Supply Route Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grocers Supply

1 Interview Review

4.0

Route Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grocers Supply.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Route Supervisor. Once I got in to the interview, the Routing Manager told me that HR screwed up and he felt it was actually a routing clerical position. I questioned HR after he was out of the room, it was definitely a Supervisor position. The Manager has issues with women and did not want a female supervisor in his department. I initially interviewed with HR, and while in the interview with them, they called the Routing Manager to come in to do his interview (which he laughed at my resume as he read it out loud). While in the interview with the Routing Manager, he called the Transportation Director for her to interview...so it was 3 back to back interviews. Once done with the Director, they had me sit in the break room while the Manager and Director talked. 5 minutes later, the Routing Manager came in and said, "Well...you got the job." I told him I would like to go home and discuss it with my husband first, and he looked at me like I was crazy, saying, "why? just tell him you got the job." Multiple times during the interview they made it clear that they do not expect their employees to do any thinking on their own. If you have a problem escalate it to senior management and let them fix the problem. I told the Routing Manager that I was chairing a national convention (that I had known about for 3 years at this point) in 3 months, and he looked at me and asked, "What's more important to you - this job or that convention?" Needless to say, he would not allow me to take off for the convention.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any supervisor experience?   1 Answer