Grocery Outlet Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grocery Outlet Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at Grocery Outlet

Featured Interview

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet in November 2018.

Interview

There are 2 phone interviews - the first one is from the recruiter and second one is from the buyer. Questions of both interviews are related to the working experience and how much you know about the job duties

Interview Questions

Grocery Outlet Response

Dec 17, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback on your interview with us. Best of luck in your career endeavors!

Other Interview Reviews for Grocery Outlet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Berkeley, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The entire process was pretty long. Got email request to do a video interview. It consisted of 6 questions all to be answered in two minutes. You see the clock counting down as your answering. Pretty nerve wracking! Then contacted a week later for a short chat w/hiring manager and his/her manager. It lasted about an hour total. Then asked to fill out like a personality online questionairre then fill out a five or so page employment application. Then after that a 6 person panel style interview. Felt like I was applying to the CIA or something.

Interview Questions

Grocery Outlet Response

Mar 17, 2016

Thanks for your feedback and continuing forward with our process. There is usually alot of competition when we are hiring for any purshasing role. We do appreciate your effort and wish you the best... More

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Emeryville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do a video interview with prerecorded questions. It's a little impersonal but just do it because I found out later that most applicants didn't even bother finishing and the ones that did were put right at the top of the list. After a week and a half they contacted me to schedule an on site interview.

What to expect:
    -1 Hour interview with Director for the team that you're applying for
    -30 min interview with Buyer(s) who you will be working with directly
    -30 min interview with Director of another team

They have valet parking for visitors which is great. They'll offer you water when you check in at the front desk but don't drink it or else you'll need to use the restroom by your third interview. Their interview styles varied where some would try to get you off your script so they can see how you react while others were more willing to shoot the breeze. After a couple of days they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the Beer & Wine team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grocery Outlet (Emeryville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I first completed a video interview, followed by a phone interview with behavioral questions. I then was asked to come onsite for any interview. I spoke with two different buying directors, 3 buyers, and 1 assistant buyer. Questions were relevant and reasonable. I felt the group I spoke to was diverse and appropriate for the position at hand. I was given several breaks, offered beverages and snacks, and given a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this job?
      What experience do you have?
      Why are you interested in Grocery Outlet?   1 Answer