Grofers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grofers Interview Questions

Interviews at Grofers

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grofers (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

firstly student are selected on the basis of their resume then three moderate level puzzle asked each in span of 10 min. then 1 technical and 1 hr+aptitude.
    In the puzzle round they will ask some moderate level puzzle but the the time is main constraint here. In technical moreover they are focused on Data structure and algorithms specially (graph) And in hr they ask simple hr question and some puzzles were also asked

Interview Questions

• 6 match sticks of equal length create 4 equilateral triangle using these 6 sticks and sidelenght of each triangle is equal to length of match stick   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grofers (New Delhi (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Application
    I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grofers, gurgaon office.

Interview was any other Software engineer interviews. Some standard questions were asked, from data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Binary Search tree, inserting a node at appropriate position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grofers in August 2015.

Interview

The test was supposed to be conducted at 1pm. But I was so annoyed with their time sense. They came 2 hours later than the scheduled arrival. They kept us all waiting. Some questions were based on English and quant. 2 coding questions. They were of moderate level.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grofers in October 2015.

Interview

They had shortlisted students though their CVs on the basis of an unknown criteria.
    1st round was aptitude consisting 4 commonly asked puzzles.
    2nd and 3rd rounds were technical interview consisting of only the definitions/differences on very unusual topics.
    - The interviewer was very rude, unprofessional and constantly demotivating.
    - They never asked a question to test our programming skills, logic or technical knowledge (except for B+ tree definition or some pthread program (OS) asked to every candidate).
    - They had also allowed students of electronics engineering branch to sit in the process and even shortlisted few after 1st round. During their interview process they constantly harassed those students even abusing them on their academic projects.

Interview Questions

• What are B+ trees? (Asked to every candidate with no exceptions)   1 Answer
    • What are the arguments in pthread_create function (OS)?   Answer Question
    • How would rate yourself on <some topic> on the scale of 1 to 10? (Then no question was asked from the topic)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grofers (Dhanbad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

This was an on-campus recruitment process.There were 4 rounds.CV shortlisting followed by puzzle round on pen and paper. Then technical interview and after that there was a HR round.
    Puzzle round consisted of standard puzzles 100 prisoners and red/black hats, 5 pirates and 100 gold coins, pentagon probability and 4 equilateral triangles using 4 match sticks

Interview Questions

• In 27 coins one coin is counterfeit what is the minimum number of waitings to find out the counterfeit coin(we don’t know whether the counterfiet coin is light or heavy then normal coins).
      What is B+ tree.
      What is index key?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grofers (Allahabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

was easy nothing fancy was asked basic technical questions . The questions came in from nowhere he was mostly asking me questions related to android then suddenly jumped to shell and so on and so forth . It didn't make any sense

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grofers (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2018.

Interview

They shortlisted based on the resume and scheduled for phone interview by recruitment agency. There were no technical questions asked during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Interviewer asked me, what blogs do you read to improve your tech stack knowledge, and when you are interested in machine learning why are you looking for software developer role. He was bragging about himself throughout the interview.   1 Answer

Grofers Response

Jan 13, 2019

Hello,

My name is Jacob, I'm in the CTO at Grofers. I'm sorry to hear that you found our interviewer to be bragging about himself rather than learning about you. I assure you this is not the type... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grofers (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds.
    1. 1 hour hackerEarth coding test (2 questions)
    2. One face to face discussion.

Overall experience is sort of negative. I was interviewed for a data engineer role and I was told that I will be working on designing and improving the existing architecture of data-platform. I don't think for this role asking people to write code for checking permutation is the right way to test the skill required for this role.

Also the hackerEarth test was kind of flawed where I was not able to run my code as it was not able to get input while running the test cases. This thing happened with. other candidate as well

Competitive programming is not real programming. Anyone who is practicing hacker rank/earth can easily get away with solving permutation of string question. It doesn't mean he / or see can design and build a production ready system.

I would like you guys to start giving some data challenge where one has to think and design a solution to a problem (a mini version of the problem which he or she will be working if he/ she got selected for the job) and in the face to face discussion you can ask his thought process as to why he has designed the system in that way and if you can identify some pros and cons for your approach (instead of writing a sql query in face to face round. Any one can google that).

I think the major focus should be on designing a system and not on checking if a person knows some algorithms (which will never be used in a production system) or sql queries.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write code to get all possible permutations of a given string in lexicographical order   Answer Question

Grofers Response

Jan 13, 2019

Hello,

I'm Jacob Singh (CTO) at Grofers. I'm sorry that we didn't provide you with a great candidate experience. I hear what you're saying and I also agree that competitive coding questions have... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grofers (Vellore (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

Round 1:Resume Shortlist
    Round 2:Started with resume projects,asked two coding questions and ended with job description.
    They concentrated more on the basics and gave preference to candidates who did projects in IOT,ML and Blockchain.

Interview Questions

• Sum of all nodes in a binary tree
      Dutch national flag problem   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grofers.

Interview

First Round: Aptitude + Coding test
    Aptitude consist of English Language, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions Each)
    Coding Round: 2 Questions 60 Mins, One Easy-One Difficult

Overall moderate difficulty

Second Round: Technical Interview
    Third Round: HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Coding Questions:
      Implement round robin scheduling and calculate average waiting time.
      Insert a node in sorted circular linked list   Answer Question