Groundspeak Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

Guest Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groundspeak (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1st Phone Screen, 2nd Phone Screen with Manager, written exercise, on-site interview. They were fairly quick and I appreciated that they updated me after each stage. Seemed to be very smooth!

Interview Questions

• Have you played Geocaching before? If so, tell us about your favorite geocache?   1 Answer

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groundspeak.

Interview

I had 4 phone interviews over a two week period of time followed by a "skills exercise". I spoke first with their team lead who didn't seem to know basic product design terms and I spent most of that interview explaining them to him. In successive interviews I would hear those terms parroted back regarding new projects they were working on which made me think he was mining interview candidates for product direction. The "skills exercise" asked me to design a new feature to "increase daily active users" which they didn't plan to compensate for. A few days after I sent my exercise I was emailed a rejection that said they wished I would have "created something with more thought to mobile responsiveness" which was completely unrelated to the actual prompt they gave. Stop mining your interview candidates for free work and product direction. Pay for the work you ask for!

Interview Questions

• Did you go out and use our app since the last time we interviewed you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groundspeak.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I supplied the company with a comprehensive and detailed CV precisely describing my experience and skills.
    I had a standard HR call, with responses like "great!" and "awesome!" to every single question I've answered. Couple of days later, I got the notorious standard rejection email.
    I find this ordeal to be time-wasting, misleading, and disrespectful towards the applicant. Unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groundspeak (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the Groundspeak site and received a request for an initial phone screen about a week later. After the behavioral phone screen with HR, I had another phone screen with the hiring manager to talk about my resume and general coding experience. I then submitted a coding exercise for review over Github. I was then invited to on-screen interviews where I was able to meet with a large majority of the company's employees. I had about 4 1-hour interviews with panels of 3-4 people on the first day. I was then invited back the following day to meet with additional panels. Within the week I received an offer.

All in all, about 9 rounds of interviews in which I was able to meet dozens of very friendly and clearly brilliant people. The process was very intensive, but genuinely delightful, and took a little over a month. While grueling, the company just wants to make sure they find the right fit for their teams and that you will be happy coming into work, though I don't see how you couldn't!

The facility is incredibly fun. A stocked kitchen, proximity to Theo chocolate, and use of the gear rental closet are only some of the incredible perks.

This was my dream job but unfortunately I declined to be closer to family in another state.

Office Management Interview

Interview

You could immediately identify how positive the culture is at HQ. People were friendly and welcoming. The interview process is extensive, you interview with several people from a variety of teams but everyone is friendly and accessible.

Negotiation

No negotiation, I liked what I was offered and accepted.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Groundspeak (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

This was an informal, but long interview process. I was first given an overview of the company, then met with 3 individual groups of people for an hour apiece. Their questions for great, but many were repeated throughout the process. This was a hybrid position, so I believe the interview reflected the need to work with a number of different teams. All in all, it was a lengthy process-about 3.5 hours. I think it showed a commitment on the part of the company to getting the best fit possible.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance where you were proud of the way you handled interacting with a client.   Answer Question