Group Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Group Health Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was scheduled for an in-person interview. Gave examples when I answered each question. It's ok to say "that's a good question, can we come back to it?"

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any of the questions that were asked, but they mostly were in the format of "Describe a time when..."   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist C Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group Health (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick, to the point and efficient. The manager arranged the interview - I met with her and then the staff that I would be working with. The manager was available for questions afterwards.

Health Plan Call Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Group Health (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Three ladies interviewed me in a small room. Went over resume and tried to match requirements to resume/experience. Asked questions related to what the position is and what experience i have to resolve issues related to the position

HIM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group Health in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job in October. In December, I got an email from the manager for an interview. I did a phone interview, then I was asked to come in for a panel interview.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group Health (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was told to make a phone interview appointment with the senior recruiter and I did. On the day of the phone interview he called me late. Then we had a connection issue. He told me to call him back with another appointment. When I called back the same day he wouldn't answer on me. I called the next day and he said he had given the position to someone else.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Group Health.

Interview

Contacted from the department, quick process in scheduling interview time, positive communication. Human resources then contacted me afterwards and that was easy as well. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group Health (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

5 people in interview. Wanted to know competency of calendaring and media knowledge.
    Some elements of this may be outside of your control but, if you have opportunity to do so, try and speak with an insider at that company to get a pulse on what’s going on in that department or division. The job description rarely “tells all,” so if you can better understand the true needs for this role, it will help you present yourself as the solution to the true challenges the team faces, but didn’t necessarily spell out on paper.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Group Health.

Interview

I applied online, a week or two later I got a call for an in person interview. I interviewed on a Tues with the hiring manager and lead Phlebotomist. It went pretty smoothly. Questions were basic interview questions. She asked me to draw her blood, which I did. Got a call back Fri offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. What they offered was more than I was expecting..

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Group Health (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Group interview with manager, current RN, and MD. Panel discussion on job position and what and why I like it? Helps to have known and work for organization before; more comfortable and personable process

Interview Questions

• Why do you like this position?
      Why did you leave this organization?
      Experience with mothers?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for time to decide job offer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Group Health (Olympia, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was with two different clinical supervisors that we're hiring for a few positions in Olympia.
    The interview was one of the worst interviews I have ever encountered. I felt uncomfortable, and bad about myself. As all of their questions were scripted and negative. They did not ask a positive question but rather about mistakes I've made, or conflicts I've encountered with coworkers and errors made.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were very awkward, they were all negative questions. Such as "Name a time you made a mistake" and "Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker". There was not a single positive question. I felt it affected the whole demeanor of the interview, regardless of my answers I think when you ask all negative questions without a positive, it's going to give you a negative perception of this person. Interviews are already uncomfortable, I don't think anyone enjoys them or are comfortable with them. Unless they interview a lot and go job to job. I personally strive for longevity and have had maybe 2 interviews in the past 9 years. Because I work at the same job for this amount of time.
      I think they should take this into consideration, just because you're not a good interviewer does not take away from your skill set or experience in your field. I have recommendations from doctors and clinical managers I've worked for. I feel this is more important than their scripted "cans interview scripts". They told me it was a new script/ questionnaire.
      I can tell you it affected my interview.
      I left, and felt very bad about myself because I spent over 15 minutes telling them all negative things that I have done.
      I did interview with Group Health in Tacoma, and had a very different experience. It was positive and went very well. I was not uncomfortable and I did not leave feeling bad about myself.
      So I wouldn't say this is a Group Health interview process. But rather, the clinical supervisors choice.
      1 Answer