GroupM Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GroupM Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at GroupM

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is really a series of four one-on-one interviews that you go through one after another. Each interviewer is working off of the same template, so the questions are similar (but not always identical) for all four. Last, you will be given an assessment of your Microsoft Excel and SQL skills, which also takes about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your favorite project where you worked with data.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GroupM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an initial screening by the director of the Data Analytic team. I was then called for the on-site interviews to their New York Office. No travel is provided. On-site interview consist of 4 rounds out of which 1 will be a senior team member, 2 managers and 1 partner.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. How do like to be managed
      3. How do you handle risks
      4. 2 things that separate you from the rest
      5. Written test was technical. There will be 3 excel questions and 3 sql questions and 1 open question. Excel is normal V-lookup and H-lookup and Sql is delete duplicate values.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Have the on-site interview about a week after the phone interview. Five rounds with one round purely about tech, and the other four are similar but not exactly the same.

Interview Questions

• explain some terminology widely used in marketing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I applied online. Waited about one month to get the response. One of the manager called me, talked about 30 minutes, asked some basic question about GroupM. A week later, I got the onsite interview. Five people interviewed me, each for 30 minutes. Including the group manager, two senior analysts, one analyst, and last one for a short technical test. Most of them are really nice. But one of the senior analyst is very very rude. She didn't respect me at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY).

Interview

one HR call going through your background and take notes about what you said. And then I was followed by onsite interview in a week with 4 team members, a manager, a director and two senior analysts. They seemed to be very professional at what you do.

Interview Questions

• what is effective and efficient? why advertising? what is your strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

two interviewer, one director level, one senior analyst, they are both nice. Starting with a background introduction, they put forward several situation question, like the budget spending, media investment, challenge facing, etc. They also asked the terminology definition, the comparison and asked me to put my own understanding and insight. Basically, the interview lasts 25 mins, and the interviewers let you ask them questions and give you answer.

Interview Questions

• some terminology definition and comparison   1 Answer

Negotiation

do more media related research in advance

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

i got the chance by alumni refer. In the first round, the manager asked you some background questions and a case question. and there will be following rounds if you pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

1 Recruiter screen followed by 5 onsite interviews. Each interview was 30 minutes. 4 interviews were behavioral and 1 technical. The technical interview is pretty easy with 3 sql questions and 3 excel questions and 1 open ended questions. A lot of regression analysis is used at GroupM and so many questions revoled around regression analysis using digital media. It is important to know the key terms used in digital media such as impressions, conversions, DSP, RTP, SEO etc.

Interview Questions

• 1 vloopup, 1 pivot table to calculate most spending and one formula based question(which formula would you use) Input and Output table will be given and you need to figure out which formula was used   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and HR connected me very soon, got a phone interview from team leader, talked about my last job and my skills. Very nice and comfortable talk, but didn't got the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The HR manager contacts me via LinkedIn, we talk over the phone for a while and she refers me to the hiring manger. Then, the interview consists of a roughly 45 min 1:1 onsite interview with my future direct supervisor, and a 30 min phone interview with a oversea VP a week later. It took another two weeks before I hear back from them with a rejection from the same HR over the phone. The interview is not very hard, most of questions focus on my resume and past experience. They also give me a lot of detailed description about the position, which is really helpful.