GroupM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2018

2.7

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Process was very quick and only took about 3 weeks. The Interview was comfortable. I had two separate in person interviews, both times with two associates that were very nice. They explained the position in detail and answered all my questions. The interviews were short but very informative. They made me feel welcome and did not ask any challenging questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ walk me through your resume.
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked general questions relating to my resume and what piqued my interest in the organization. Also it took place both over the phone and in person, as they were trying to determine if I was a proper fit

Interview Questions

• They had asked me a series of questions ranging from what do I know about the industry, am I good with Excel and Do you love to win or hate to lose   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

Submit resume online and phone interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about establishing econometric models.   Answer Question

Associate Search Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially talked to HR about an associate director role on a call. HR liked my resume and let me know no current AD roles were open but they pop up all the time. Emailed back weekly and finally after a month or so they wanted to schedule an interview for a position that was open. Had interview set but had to reschedule due to sons illness. After trying to reschedule found out position had been filled. A few weeks later they reached out for another AD role that was open. Set earliest possible time and met with 2 people for 30 minutes on a Wednesday. Feedback was good so they had me come in the following Monday to meet for 30 minute sessions with 3 people. Got offer letter 2 days later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

First, I meet with the Senior Manager and Supervisor. The 2 round was a meeting with the CFO. The overall process took approximately 3-4 week. The atmosphere was easy going.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Met four people, half an hour each, questions mostly about your experience

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you made in the past 6 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Firstly, we have a phone interview for about 15 mins. They are asking casual questions like: the graduation date; the internship experience; skills, etc. Then 4 people interview me one by one. They are asking the same questions: 1. why do you choose media instead of finance? 2. what is the difference between efficiency and effectiveness? 3. If you are given a short time to present your most successful project to a CEO, what will you say?

Interview Questions

• If you find a potential problem during your project. What will you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Multiple phone conversations. One in-person interview. Technical test.

Overall, the impression I got from group M was very unprofessional. They uncomfortably focused heavily on my appearance, asked me inappropriate questions, and made me feel uneasy. The last person I talked with had an 'i'm too busy and good to be interviewing you' approach, which was unfortunate as I had prepared immensely and was anticipating answering real interview questions. I left with a bad impression of the company, and would advise others to stay away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had a brief phone call with the hr and then was told to come for an on-site interview with 4 different team members(actually ended up with 5 people in total for some reason). The hr gave an wrong office address at very first place got me late for half-hour. The overall interview is ok and the people there are very nice and casual. Then the hr told me I could expect to hear back from him very shortly(less than 3 days). I was impressed by that time and then it turned to a disaster. I have been waiting for almost 2 months and still nothing came out(ignore my email later on). In the end I got an email asking me to come over for another interview, which is ridiculous. I decided to move on with another offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I met a representative at a career fair. About a month later I had to answer 10 questions and email them my responses. The following week I had a phone interview and then two weeks later I had a Skype interview.