GroupM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Multiple phone conversations. One in-person interview. Technical test.

Overall, the impression I got from group M was very unprofessional. They uncomfortably focused heavily on my appearance, asked me inappropriate questions, and made me feel uneasy. The last person I talked with had an 'i'm too busy and good to be interviewing you' approach, which was unfortunate as I had prepared immensely and was anticipating answering real interview questions. I left with a bad impression of the company, and would advise others to stay away.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I met a representative at a career fair. About a month later I had to answer 10 questions and email them my responses. The following week I had a phone interview and then two weeks later I had a Skype interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Briefly Describe the Interview Process
    I got a phone screen before attending the on-site interview. both phone screen and face to face interview asked about technical stuff as well as situational questions.

Interview Questions

• why groupm? why would we hire you? what can you contribute?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GroupM (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

three Skype interviews. The first interview we talked through my resume getting to know each other. The second interview I was asked a few technical questions about my knowledge of the media industry. And the third interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing too hard

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly quick, about three weeks from interview to offer. First came the phone conversation with HR. About 2 weeks later I was invited to interview with the team lead. Three days after the interview, I received an offer. The HR contact was helpful and very kind throughout the process. Interview lasted 2+ hours with the director and then with HR. Easy questions, less about the role and more culturally focused.

Interview Questions

• What media do you consume?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What programs have you used that apply to the role?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. In-person was with two people for one hour. Pretty laid back. Was asked about my resume, experience, schooling, why I was interested in the job and a few behavioral questions. I heard back the following day with an offer and accepted the position.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview process

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were pretty typical. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate but I should have!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in to their offices, met with one manager in the accounting department. She asked all the typical interview questions (ie, what are your strengths, weaknesses, ideal working environment). She had a strong personality so at first the interview was a little intimidation, but overall she was very nice and made me feel more comfortable at the end. Later I met with who would be my supervisor. She described what a normal workday would consist of, what type of accounts they manage, how they go about billing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with handling multi-million dollar accounts?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Got sent on the interview through my temp agency, but wasn't told what the position was until half way through the interview. When I got there, the person I was meant to interview with wasn't even in that day so they had to find someone at the last minute. I was kind of relieved when I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as your greatest weakness and greatest strength, what you hope to get from the employment,etc.   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

1 phone interview; 3 one-on-one interviews with managers from different client teams.

There is a planning team and an activation team--I was interviewing for the activation team.

Received a call back the next day offering the position.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward, mainly discussing experience and background   Answer Question