GroupM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GroupM

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY).

Interview

one HR call going through your background and take notes about what you said. And then I was followed by onsite interview in a week with 4 team members, a manager, a director and two senior analysts. They seemed to be very professional at what you do.

Interview Questions

• what is effective and efficient? why advertising? what is your strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

two interviewer, one director level, one senior analyst, they are both nice. Starting with a background introduction, they put forward several situation question, like the budget spending, media investment, challenge facing, etc. They also asked the terminology definition, the comparison and asked me to put my own understanding and insight. Basically, the interview lasts 25 mins, and the interviewers let you ask them questions and give you answer.

Interview Questions

• some terminology definition and comparison   1 Answer

Negotiation

do more media related research in advance

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

i got the chance by alumni refer. In the first round, the manager asked you some background questions and a case question. and there will be following rounds if you pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

1 Recruiter screen followed by 5 onsite interviews. Each interview was 30 minutes. 4 interviews were behavioral and 1 technical. The technical interview is pretty easy with 3 sql questions and 3 excel questions and 1 open ended questions. A lot of regression analysis is used at GroupM and so many questions revoled around regression analysis using digital media. It is important to know the key terms used in digital media such as impressions, conversions, DSP, RTP, SEO etc.

Interview Questions

• 1 vloopup, 1 pivot table to calculate most spending and one formula based question(which formula would you use) Input and Output table will be given and you need to figure out which formula was used   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and HR connected me very soon, got a phone interview from team leader, talked about my last job and my skills. Very nice and comfortable talk, but didn't got the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The HR manager contacts me via LinkedIn, we talk over the phone for a while and she refers me to the hiring manger. Then, the interview consists of a roughly 45 min 1:1 onsite interview with my future direct supervisor, and a 30 min phone interview with a oversea VP a week later. It took another two weeks before I hear back from them with a rejection from the same HR over the phone. The interview is not very hard, most of questions focus on my resume and past experience. They also give me a lot of detailed description about the position, which is really helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone screen interview, followed by an onsite interview at New York. Four rounds personal interview followed by a technical interview. Not difficult but I didn't get the offer. Need to prepare sql, excel pivot table knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Basic media market concepts. Case study. Why do you want to work for a marketing company? Introduce yourself.   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GroupM in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter scheduled a phone interview over email but he didn't call on the scheduled time so I called. Asked some basic questions about my experience and what I know about the company. Did not reply to my follow up email.

Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GroupM in August 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter directly, but that position has been hold after the first round of interview. The same recruiter contacted me again after 2 months. The on-site interview was conducted by 4 people, the first round is really tough, not the question itself but the interviewer's attitude. The rest of the interview went super smooth and great. But after two weeks, I haven't heard anything back from them, they didn't respond my follow up email either.

Interview Questions

• Not really, they have standard questions pool, so each time they may throw out different questions to you.   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GroupM in June 2017.

Interview

Even though it was a HR interview, it was too the point, curt and technical. Since I am an international student requiring visa sponsorship in the future, the HR manager asked me scenario based questions incase my H1B didnot go through, he wanted to know what I would do. The interviewer is a no BS kind of a person and asked questions that just cut to the chase

Interview Questions

• He asked me to explain in depth about the projects I had handled pertaining to my skillset   Answer Question