GroupM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied the opportunity through my alumni's referral. Two weeks later, I got contacted from GroupM's HR rep. We scheduled a conversation next day. He told me my background is great and the hiring team is interested in meeting me in person and then scheduled the onsite interview next week. But unfortunately, the interview was set on hold. He said the situation was changed. This opportunity may be closed.
    So bad. I really prepared a lot. During the process, the HR rep seldom replied my email.

Interview Questions

• HR just asked some basic question about your background, skills, experience and visa status. He told me there would be a case study in the onsite interview. They may give you some raw data in Excel related to media and asked you to answer some questions and perform insights. I also heard that they have tech test in Excel (pivot table, vlookup) and SQL (subquery or join). But they changed to case study this year. I am not sure.   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Interview

I had a phone call with the recuiter (Edward Cruz) who was literally the only nice part of the whole experience. The actual interview was terrible.

Met with four people, one was incredibly condescending and hostile to me. Asked questions that were just stupid, like what was the R-squared of a regression you made months ago? Why would I remember that? Felt like she was just trying to prove she was smarter than me. The final interview started toying around with giving me a take home test. Don't invite me for a final intervew and then decide that it's not the final step after all.

Also, almost all of the lower level employees are of one nationality. Looks like maybe the kind of place that uses and abuses.

Digital Media Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with about 5 different people from 2 different teams. The interviews were scheduled pretty much back to back. I think the recruiters packed in many interviewers so I don't have to return another day to meet with additional team members. But interviewing with 5 people in one day was frankly long and grueling. I'm not sure many of the interviewers even wanted to meet me. There's a lot of waiting time in between each interviews. I wish some of the interviewers could've met with me together rather than one on one.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Long process lasting more than a month. Initially through recruiter. Then several rounds of phone interviews. Afterwards in-person interviews lasting 4+ hours. The position is within their data analytics team.

They were looking for someone with expert SQL skills. I already told them I don't have it but they proceed with the interviews. Initially I was being considered for a BA/PM role but then they switched to a TPM.

During onsite interviews (4 hours with 7 interviewers), multiple people asked me if I have experience transforming waterfall to agile. It was never mentioned from recruiter or in job spec. It's like they just want some advice from interviewee instead of looking to hire. The on-sites were both exhausting and grueling. Not because they are tough questions but because the interviewers asked the same things over and over. The interviewers were rude and it was tiring just to carry out a conversation with some of them. I cannot imagine what it's like to work there. My advice is to stay away. I got zero feedback after the on-sites. Weird thing is that the hiring manager made me think they gave me the offer but in fact is the opposite.

I am now happily employed by another company. These guys at GroupM either have no clue what they want, or they are just looking for some consulting advice & not looking to hire.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

1-Had to come for 5 interviews in a row.
    2-waited 3 month for the HR interview.
    3- I am waiting to see what will hapen.

The questions where very focused on my career, experience and why I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about this particular project you have done?

after the explination he still kept repeeting the same question as if he was not satisfied with the answer   Answer Question
    • talk to me about our self?
      why would you be a good fit to the position?
      what skills are the one you will use most her
      what is your weakness?
      why should we hier you?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Possibly the shortest interview in my life (not even five minutes).

The recruiter asked me what I was looking for in a career, to which I responded: "A position that would challenge me and help me expand on my analytical & strategic skills." He replied that the position was neither analytical or strategic, which was followed by about a twenty-second silence from both of us. I followed with the job description that stated that I will be analyzing and strategizing, which he denied.

Red flag: there were a bunch of spelling and grammatical errors in his initial email to me for a phone interview, which made me think he was one of those scammers, who have been pretending to offer jobs recently. Turned out, he's a legit recruiter for recent grads...

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in for two interviews. The first one was about an hour and with one of the managers going over my skills and resumes. The second one was with the same manager and a senior partner. This interview was way shorter about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The first interview asked questions about my educational background and past leadership experiences. The second interview was really so they could get to know me better. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

I met with 2 higher ups on the team looking to higher and had a 2 minute meeting with HR.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation possible

Assistant Print Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview from an HR person, asked me about myself and my experience. It was very conversation based and the guy was really personable. It didn't feel too much like an interview because he was very interested in what I had to say. He then moved me onto the next round of interviews which was to meet the team in person. I met with 4 different people separately. They each asked me about myself and why I wanted this job and they also wanted to see if I was actually interested in the job and if I could handle the tasks I would be given. I ended up receiving an offer after that interview, they only gave me two days to decide.

Interview Questions

• If I wasn't sure of how to complete the task, how would I go about figuring it out?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in print advertising?   1 Answer

I received an offer at a company that had higher pay.

Advertising Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The first session is a phone interview, the interviewer asked me for my understanding of the position, asked my expectation, what kind of work do I want to do.

The second session is an in-office interview, I met with the Ad Op team -- a director and team managers. Asked a lot of behavioral questions, from team work to career interests, to hobbies.

Interview Questions

• 1. Use three words to describe yourself;
      2. Two strengths and two weaknesses.
      3. Circus question -- which role of the circus do you want to play.   1 Answer