Groupe Crédit Agricole Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Groupe Crédit Agricole

2.8

Sort:

Junior Trader Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole in October 2008.

Interview

Introduced to them through a headhunter and immediately went in to interview for a jr trader position in derivatives trading. Pretty straightforward interview process that centered around fit with the existing group of traders & group head. I met with 4 different people including the group head, technicals were based upon market knowledge, views with some other quant questions.

Interview Questions

• I was given 2 current market rates at 2 specific points on the yield curve and asked to come up with the 1 year forward rate.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole in June 2013.

Interview

Basic interview from two of the analysts and then one interview from a higher up.

Requires essential accounting and finance knowledge as well as basic interview questions.

Branch is fairly small, consisting of a few employees. All of which were very amiable and welcoming.

I am currently still interviewing but nothing out of the ordinary so far.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Approximately two weeks after I submitted my application, I was contacted by phone to setup an interview in New York city and set a date to do so two weeks later. When I arrived I was greeted by the hiring supervisor and the department head. I sat with the supervisor first, who asked my basic interview questions, "walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this job, why are you qualified, etc". I was quizzed about a few technical aspects, but nothing didn't know the answer to after after reviewed their company website for a few hours the night before.

Speaking with the Head was actually enjoyable. We just spoke about my interests and what I thought about the prospect of relocating to New York.

Afterwords, both gave me their business cards, invited me to call/email if I had any questions and told I would be contacted by the company's HR next.

HR called two days later, we had a short phone interview where I was asked what I thought makes a good manager, what salary I expected to receive and how soon I could start. Basically, just making sure I had good common sense and would be a viable employee.

Got the offer phone the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, the salary was simply included in the offer letter I received. However, it was right between the range that I told my phone interviewer I expected it to fall in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Had to first go through online numerical test, then had phone screening interview with recruiter in London. Invited for Superday a month later, it was their first year doing this, they did not reimburse travel expenses, so it was mainly local people from colleges in or near the city. Spoke to HR, then 2 members of the line of business, and participated in a group activity during Superday. Do not recommend this no name bank in the US, not worth the extremely slow responses.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the Head Officer. Very friendly and honest, just a fit interview to recommend to the Managing Director. The the MD was very friendly and it was just a meeting formality. There were no eliminatory questions. Just socializing and see how professional person you are.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole in March 2018.

Interview

Dry interview, not particularly interesting HR person, long pauses after responses. Certainly could have been writing notes but seemed like they were preoccupied. Emailed HR multiple times after to ask for update, only received reply when I emailed an analyst. They replied then but have since not replied.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CA? What do you look for in a leader?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Basically submitted my application. Got a call from HR weeks later, very formal behavioral. The interviewing process was dull but I heard back promptly afterwards that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why CA-CIB? Tell me about your background and how it applies to the role.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through a family friend. I had one phone call where we went over my resume, what I study at school and what I would be doing if hired. The call lasted about 45min and I spoke with three people on speakerphone. Everyone was pretty friendly and didn't ask any difficult questions or brain teasers to stump you which has occured with other banks that I've applied to.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

2 back to back interviews with HR and supervisor, very friendly and welcoming. Some behavioral questions with HR but mostly skills and past experience with supervisor. Responded with job offer very quickly after interview was over.

Middle Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupe Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Speak with Team leads and Middle Office manager for NY They're looking for plug and play candidates; those who already know the structure of the various desks and can quickly pick up on the firm's applications. They'd prefer people who are eager to learn and can adapt with the other team members easily.

Interview Questions

• Know the products and the workflow attributed to the trade flow and express your flexibility and how you've cooperated and dealt with conflict/awkward situations before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher base via email and that same day, they confirmed they wouldn't be able to deliver. They did promise extra cash for the first bonus instead. When that time came around, they forgot to add it, but corrected that issue a week later.