Groupe Dynamite Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite.

Interview

During the interview progress, it was really easy. There was a group interview. There weren't a lot of questions asked, it was more like getting to know each other and asking what position we would be flexible with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Groupe Dynamite

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in person, it took one day that I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with store manager candidates too. There were a total of 13 girls I believe. It was held in a community room? and the manager was really nice. She introduced herself first, and we took turns and told a bit about ourselves. And then she asked questions like: What was the best customer service that you've received? and she wanted to raise our hand if we have anything to answer, so it's not forced.
    There were just too many girls that I think each candidate didn't have enough time or focus to show their 100%. It was just for them to save up some time to pick one.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service that you've received?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and friendly. I was called into schedule a time and then went to the store to be greeted by the Store Manager. The Store Manager was attentive and maintained eye contact throughout and seemed genuinely interested in my answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you small someone stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come into the store; the interview was delayed by an hour, but she had me fill out a survey and form, asking for references and such. The backroom was very small, so she interviewed me outside the store, by one of the seats in the mall. The interview lasted maybe about 30 minutes, after which she told me she'd complete a background check and call the references and she would call me back in a week to let me know if I was accepted or not.

Interview Questions

• Typical retail interview questions; asked about the company and gave some behavioural situations of what might happen and how I might respond to it. Was also asked what qualities might I expect a retail sales associate to have,   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on an app (Wirkn) which required me to make a short video. I was invited to a group interview, which I didn't do very well with, but I was kept because they liked the video I had made. I was then interviewed one on one with the store manager and got hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Came into the store to submit resume, was asked to fill out questionnaire. Left the store and Manager called me back about 25 mins later. Had an interview that day outside the store and was hired. Retail stores like Dynamite hire based on "If you have the look".

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite in June 2015.

Interview

It was quick. Very casual and unprofessional. She did not have a list of questions to read from and it felt like she was just having a casual conversation with me. She got up to leave the interview at one point to attend to something and I waited for over 40 minutes for her to return.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy going- they want to make sure that you are able to sell to meet their goals. They tell you right off the bat that they will schedule you in based on if you can sell.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

I sent in an application online and i was called the next day to schedule an interview for later in the week. The person who I spoke to on the phone was also the person conducting the interview.

Some of the questions asked included:
    1. what do you know about dynamite
    2. Why do you want to work here

At the end of the one on one she gave me a 21 question booklet to answer, had me fill out a reference form and asked me to bring in copies of two forms of ID which I did the next day when I was told that I would hear from them. A week passed and I didn't so I called and was told that the position was filled.

All in all there was an obvious lack of professionally to the entire process in my opinion that i can't fully explain in my word limit.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe your lack of sales experience will affect your ability to do the job   1 Answer
    • What makes you the ideal dynamite employee.   1 Answer
    • Name instances where you felt you could do something differently to achieve a better outcome   1 Answer
    • Name an instance where you encountered someone difficult and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupe Dynamite (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

I went to the store to deliver my resume, and was immediately asked to fill out a multiple choice questionnaire based on what I would do in various potential sales scenarios. I was asked to come back for an interview the following day and received a job offer shortly after. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.