Groupon Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Groupon Account Executive Interview Questions

2.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Spoke with several different potential sales managers for ten to twenty minutes. More personal interests and personality fit questions than sales experience related experience. Being yourself and proving drive and teamwork dynamics is key.

Interview Questions

• Best party you experienced in college? And why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief and only 3 phases. Face to face in Atlanta, Skype interview with Manager out of Chicago and I asked for the position and closed the deal. Training was too long 2 weeks by unseasoned folks straight out of college with no experience.

Interview Questions

• Sales achievements and analytical understanding of concepts and product   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation regarding salary or compensation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic three phase process. 2 phone interviews and then a face to face interview. Question typically weren't too difficult but make sure to prepare for the interview. The phone interviews lasted about 20-30 mins each. The first one they basically got a feel for who I was and whether i was interested in the job and if so when would I be available to start.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about groupon.
      Sales Background/experience
      What kind of hours/compensation are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Overall long process. I had two phone interviews before I went in for a in person interview. I was there about an hour and a half. Met with two managers and then shadowed another person in the role I was interviewing for. Everyone seemed really enthusiastic and I was pretty confident they wanted to hire me. Ended up having to wait a week just to hear they were not offering me the poison.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First was a phone interview and then after that I came in for one in person interview. I met with four of five different people with a tour at the end. Wasn't extremely professional and all pretty typical interview questions. They got back to me a few weeks later. But there are so many people working there with so much turnover that know that hiring you is not a priority. So I had to reach out to them a few times before they finally got back to tell me I got the job.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Came in twice and met with two sales managers and a member of the sales team. Everyone I met was kind and very conscious of my time with them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a mock-cold call with the sales managers to determine ability to follow the sales process and act on my feet. It was kind of awkward as it typically can be doing these sorts of things but the managers were both respectful and took it seriously.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon in October 2015.

Interview

Got to round 4 of interview and then heard nothing. Seemed promising at the time and received no feedback about what happened. Everyone was really nice and accommodating. I think it was unprofessional to not have received any sort of response.

Interview Questions

• Why would a business be interested in what Groupon has to offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick if you make the interviews close together. They are very good at getting back to you. At first I had a phone call with one of the recruiters to see if I would be a good fit for the job. Then at the end of the phone call she invited me to come to the office and meet some of the people that worked there and see the environment.

Interview Questions

• If you got the job and it was your first day and we didn't give you any training. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed for Account Executive - Groupon Getaways

The interview process was quick which was refreshing. I was contacted by a recruiter within a day or two of applying online. We set up a phone interview for the following Monday. The recruiter was very professional and easy to talk to, less sterile and scripted as some other phone screens I've experienced. At the end of the call she told me she would be advancing me for an in person interview and we set up a time for later that week.

The in person interview started with a tour from another recruiter also friendly and professional. The offices are as impressive as they tout. Was put in a small conference room and given water unlike some of the negative reviews on here. Then a rotation began of 2 managers and 1 team lead. I felt like I hit it off with one manager but the other was stiff and the last talked so much about himself and the company I felt like I was interrupting every time I tried to converse, which is the whole point of an interview. Everyone had been there for 5 years or so which was encouraging that it's a positive work environment.

They all asked basic questions about my experience and the position. Nothing odd of off hand worth noting.

The original recruiter I spoke with came and walked me out and I left feeling overall positive about the experience.

None of them gave a card so only sent a thank you to the recruiters which felt a little odd but I should have asked them for their emails or been more aggressive on this. Truthfully was still ambivalent about the position (Groupons future and the endless stream of negative feedback online of Groupon Getaways) and maybe it showed.

Didn't hear back for a about a week, sent follow up email to recruiter. They called me the next day and said that it was a no go but they enjoyed meeting me and that we should stay in touch. It felt sincere but who knows. I just wish I had asked for more feedback on why.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this role?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with solely phone communication with clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groupon (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. She was very friendly made me feel comfortable, and asked if I would be interested in an in person interview. I agreed and met with the two managers seperatly for about 15 minutes a piece. Both were very nice, casual, and straight to the point with the job description and offer.

Interview Questions

• How would my current position help me excel at groupon as an account executive?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Haven't made it that far yet.