Groupon Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It started with a phone screen from recruiter. Then I had an onsite interview. I met several team members and had an SQL skill test. The test requests writing queries on a paper. So please make sure you are familiar with common SQL queries.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interview. I was contacted by their recruiter to chat with someone on the team. The Seattle Groupon office is growing and despite heavy competition in their space, with their new initiatives in mobile and international expansion, I felt that Groupon would provide some interesting opportunities for marketing and business development so I was excited to chat. Disappointed that so much of the focus of the position (based on the interview) was on just evaluating proficiency of using SQL rather than interviewing to determine business problem solving skills, identifying and quantifying business opportunities, building business cases, etc. Also, I was interviewed by a team member, not the hiring manager which was disappointing. Based on this experience, my outlook for Groupon is not as positive as previously held. I did not continue in the interview process, so no offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Groupon in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR for this position after which an interview was set up with a member from the technical team. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was conducted in a formal manner. I was given a brief description of the position and the interviewer explained to me the technologies that were used in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my education and experience in the industry. Was asked some behavioral questions too.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and it was very disorganized. It seemed like she did not review my resume and she had little to no information about the position. Each time I asked a question about the scope of the role, she would contradict herself later in the call. It was very unnerving and made me not want to continue the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview for the following week.
    Senior recruiter called 15 minutes late and spoke rather monotonously. Even when asked about the position and work culture, she was very unenthusiastic, which ultimately affected my mood as well.
    Typical questions regarding your knowledge about Groupon, why you want to work there, and your technical skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview went very smoothly. I was invited for an on-site interview and that is where things became quite interesting. The environment seems to be like a college social hour where everyone is really concerned with what they look like and what everyone will think of them. It is hard to imagine where people can find the energy to help the company thrive where there was little work that I saw being done (on facebook, etc., talking with others, etc.) What I came to learn in my interview is that work that is done, is done by a few people who admittedly sleep under their desks. My interviewer came in with huge bags under his eyes and in other words told me that I would be overworked and underpaid. He was quick to get on his soapbox about how exciting it is to be a part of a starting company and if it implodes, he is happy to have taken the chance. Not the greatest thing to hear from someone who is supposed to be selling you on the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Work culture is very laid back. I knew someone who knew the person who managed the team that I was interested in joining so it was very easy to get an interview. In fact, I went to the interview from 9 to noon and by the same afternoon they called me to extend an offer. So, it was a very quick process. The team I joined was in desperate need of hiring someone at my level so I think that helped a lot. I spoke to 5 people during the interview from the lowest to the highest level.

Interview Questions

• Described how you implemented a process or got X tasks done   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. They basically offer me 3K more than what I was making at my previous job and I took it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Groupon (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

A LONG LONG LONG process.
    A very nice team but incredibly slow.

1) applied online
    2) about 1 week later an HR phone interview (she rescheduled twice) then an at home test.
    3) 1 week after that a request for another phone interview with the department manager. She asked my availability for certain days then said he's not available on those days despite her suggesting them. So now 3 weeks from application have the interview.
    4) 2 weeks from phone interview sent invitation for on site interview in 2 weeks time. So 7 weeks after application.

Everyone has been lovely but the turnaround is incredible. It would be almost 2 months before I have even met someone and only had 3 rounds thus far.

I had to withdraw as I was offered another job.
    The team and people seem lovely though.

They warned me the interest for the role was remarkably high. I guess it's best if they decided what number of applicants they can manage and make a cut off from there rather than attempting to vet them all as they would definitely have rejected good people just from being overwhelmed with interviews.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Said it will take a few weeks to get back to me - but never heard back from them.
    Hr spoke to me about role.
    Interview with 2 people reading standard questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupon (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very good, friendly atmosphere and interaction was very good, as a fresher an individual cannot expect such an exposure. The manager, HR everyone are really very good and interact very well

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain about yourself / go through your resume.
      2) why this company? What you know about this firm.   Answer Question