Groupon Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Groupon Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Groupon

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Apply online. Get interviewed by HR over the phone. Go onsite for an interview with hiring managers. I didn't like the experience. The recruiters were incredible, my problem was with the sales managers. They're really condescending. If you're a pushy and aggressive sales person, go for it! That's what they're looking for. Pushy and annoying people that they can mold and use. The office space is cool, tons of young people, but honestly, no diversity. I think I can count on one hand how many people of color I saw.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Two people came in, one told me more about the company and asked about a couple questions about myself. Taught me the basics of how the job works and what I would be doing. Then the second person basically asked me to explain what the first person told me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to set up a deal for a restaurant based on what they told me and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a initial phone screen then had an interview in office with 3 upper management. Management was open to answering questions and had a very positive vibe and gave clear expectations of day to day work.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, some managers will try to get some personality out of you, they want someone excited to work hard and excel in a sales environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received and email the next day asking to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was extremely easy and more of a conversation rather than an interview. Was given dates at the end of the phone call to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person wasn't difficult. Interviewed by two managers. The first manager briefed me on the position and requirements and asked questions related to my experience. The second manager asked to role play and wasn't very difficult. Wanted to see how you handled rejection. Overall not a hard interview. Was told I hear back in a week or so. Got a call within a day I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection. Why do you think you could be successful making 80-100 dials a day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was the fastest of any sales job I have ever applied for. They reached back to me the same day I applied, phone interview was a few days later, a little over a week later was my final interview. Be sure to know why you want to be in sales and showcase your skills, and show them how you have learned from mistakes in the past.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Had a skype interview and a phone interview because I was out of state. It was fairly simple interview questions with sales managers and some other folks, some situational questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had to take an online assessment. Got emailed to set up a phone interview. Had a 15 minute phone interview where it was very standard questions plus questions about what I would say to a business to get them to use a Groupon. Was emailed a few days later about a time to come in. (They were very considerate with me being from out of town to schedule my interview around me.) In-person interview was a tour of the office, interview with 2 sales managers with pretty much the same types of questions that were on the phone interview. Only tricky part was when one sales manager pretends to be a business calling and you have to get them to sign up to use Groupon. Each manager was nice, while one seemed like he didn't really want to be there. Got a call about 2 weeks later saying they liked me and my work ethic but went with people that had more direct phone calling experience. I was fine with this, as after going through the process and seeing the direction Groupon is going, did not see myself working for them.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a Groupon to a business? What are some of your strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by an in person interview. The in person interview involved meeting with 3 different managers. Then you are given a tour of the office. The mangers interviewing changes frequently depending on who is currently taking members onto their team.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Not too difficult, they're always hiring sales people because of high turnover so as long as you have a diploma and just give good answers you'll get hired, took two rounds through Skype. Overall experience was not too difficult, Both of the interviewers left Groupon to comeback so that was odd to hear them discuss it. They warned that many salespeople get burned out fairly quickly and that the room for growth is only in sales

Interview Questions

• Prior experience in sales, how to handle difficult businesses, what will you do on your first day   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different people. Each one had their own style coming into the process. For the most part, the interviews were very conversational and laid back, but were also very career oriented questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some personal accomplishments?   1 Answer