Groupon Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Non existent. If you are over 30 don't waste your time. Rude HR representatives. Very arrogant and entitled staff. Age phobic. It is a shame that the company does not value experience in fortune 500 companies, preferring a culture of youth and inexperience. Several years ago I scheduled a phone screen that I had to reschedule due to a work commitment. The HR representative refused my phone calls and contact. This company does not walk the talk.

Interview Questions

• You have been around the block, right?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

After I applied I received an email that same day asking when I could schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was very straight forward. I answered all her questions clearly but messed up on one. Literally was on the phone like what the hell am I talking about right now? lol. I couldn't really get a feel for the HR lady so I counted myself out for totally bombing one of the questions. About 5 days later, I emailed the recruiter saying thank you for your time and how I think I would be a good fit for the position. A few days later I received a call & email saying they wanted me to come in for an interview. Once scheduled, I received a confirmation email telling who I would be interviewing with and some links to further learn what Groupon is about.

I showed up early for my interview, the recruiter coordinator seemed to like that because she mentioned that it was good. I interviewed with two managers. About 30 minutes each. I would just say be yourself. Have energy and ask plenty of "Groupon experience" questions during and after. Be genuinely interested in what the manager has to say and ask about the career path for whatever position you are hired for. Smile, relax and be honest.

I will definitely say, prepare your 'tell me about yourself" response but not the robotic version. Look up interview questions and rehearse. A lot of the questions asked were not robotic but use the online questions to train yourself to be quick on your feet. The questions flowed into one another and became more of a conversation about how it is working for Groupon. It was one of the best interviews I have had. It was long, there were a lot of questions but it was thorough.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't find on your resume?

2. I have never worked in sales before and the manager stated that there would be some sales in my position. She asked me about my sales experience and why I would be a good fit.
      1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed. I interviewed with my recruiter and 2 other managers. The questions that were asked was basic interview questions. They want someone who's upbeat, easy going and relaxed. Really just be yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing that you have had to teach yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with HR Manager then with Hiring Manager for one position then was told I would be better for a lower position, in person interview for the lower position only to not receive any further communication after.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met with my recruiter for about 10 mins then a manager for 30 mins then shadowed a employee for 15 mins then about another 30 minutes with another manager before leaving. Very professional. Enjoyed the interview. I had my interview on a monday and they said I would hear from them in at the end of the week or early next week, and I did. Also nice that they give you a call whether they offer you the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Groupon?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for online for a front-end developer position and heard back from a technical recruiter about a week after the initial application. I was asked for availability for a phone screen and then heard nothing for another week. Once contact with the technical recruiter was reestablished I was bounced to a recruiting coordinator to schedule a phone screen with a developer. Once the time for my phone screen came I received no phone call. After waiting half an hour for the phone screen to begin I attempted to get in contact with the recruiting coordinator who had scheduled the phone screen with no success. Four hours after I was supposed to have the phone screen the initial technical recruiter reaches out to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability this week to take the tech screen?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with 2 separate people to discuss the position, role play a few possible scenarios that you might experience on the phone, etc. Was supposed to sig in for about 20 minutes with a customer service associate on the phone, but the person didn't have phone access, so we reviewed emails. Interview takes almost 2 hours. Most people working in the office are under the age of 35.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle sitting for long periods of time and being available to answer phone calls for up to 3 hours at a time?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and HR rep contacted via email to set up a time to speak over the phone. The phone interview lasted 20 mins. Phone interview is a walk through of resume. After that I meet with 2 managers in person. They were super cool and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What browser do you mostly use?
      How do you deal with rude customers?
      Why do you want to work for Groupon?
      Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy going took two weeks. Met with the VP of support and basically just chatted. I think she just wanted to get an idea of who I was and if I would fit into the culture and the team dynamic.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very easy. Over dressed to say the least. Very awkward coming into the Groupon office in a suite. Was asked about the sales process, if I know anything, etc. I didn't since there is a four month training period so it was fine and I found out I got the job later that day.