Groupon Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

299 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The 3 people who interviewed me were very nice. However they were not organized and the interview was all over the place.

It didn't take to long. The first was the boss the second was the assistant and third was the other person with the position I interviewed for.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, then Skype with hiring manager, then in person with 7 people. Very focused on the business oriented questions with the senior leaders and other partners asked more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver difficult news to a team and how you made sure it was heard. Tell me about a time when you had to turn around a low performer. Tell me about a time when you had multiple competing priorities and how you kept the team on track to deliver. Lots of business/hypothetical questions from those involved - how would you approach this etc.   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Two sets of phone interviews with a rotating roster of hiring managers and department managers. Absolutely amazed that I flew through the last round of interviews to be told I would be contacted for next steps. I followed up with a thank you email...then nothing. TWICE. These are kids with no concept of professionalism and follow-through. If I'm not qualified that's fine, but I don't think it's asking too much for employers to have the decency to let candidates know one way or another where they stand in the process. Very disappointed with Groupon's lack of professionalism.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward about my experience, talking about the position and compensation. Came in a few days later for an interview. Met two different managers that interviewed based on my ability and experience in sales. I had none. Emailed a follow up that night, didn't hear anything until a week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you ran out of time to complete your task?   Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Was emailed about potential fit. Thirty-minute call was straightforward, and the recruiter was stoic but positive. Was thrown off after not making it to the next steps, as I thought the call went well.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a dissatisfied customer or vendor?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Arrive on site, meet with recruiter for 15 min chat, start interviews (depending on the day and timing you may or may not have the people who you are scheduled to meet) You will meet with 5-6 people. Lunch was on them.

Interview Questions

• Standard "I Banker" and "Programmer" puzzle questions; if you know them, you'll be fine. They just want to see if you "fit" with the company. Five Gallon and 3 Gallon Jug and 3 fastest horses from a 25 horse race. Followed by how you would work through "e-commerce business" problems.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Got referred, had in initial phone screen then in person interview. They had a list of questions in front of them that were mostly personal/life experience questions. Saw the office and got a tour.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Not a very good interview process. Any company that makes their candidates go through 3+ rounds of interviewing says a lot about how the company is run. Also not afraid to leave their candidates in the dark for weeks.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

My on-site visit consisted of a tour of the very cool office, two interviews with team managers and shadowing of a person in the position I had applied for. They were very relaxed and made small talk with me before asking situational questions in my interviews. Really cool environment, very young.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. The first round was at my university as Groupon was there for a career fair. Second round was on sight at their headquarters in Chicago, IL. Their headquarters are super fun and vibrant and seems like a good, collaborative place to work. They want to get a feel for your personality and for your work ethic. Because the job involves a lot of cold calling, they're interested in how you handle rejection. If cold calling is a deal breaker for you then this may not be the position for you.