Groupon Inside Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Groupon Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.7

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

1st it was the phone interview second an in person interview. They will either call you to come in person for the second interview or schedule a skype inter if your unable to attend.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about walking them through your resume and then getting to know you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

4 week process

I applied online through an employer referral. I was contacted the same day I applied and was asked if I would be interested in an over the phone interview. That phone interview happened one week after the initial email and was a very brief, they just asked me about previous work experience and explained the job and benefits of the job to me. It lasted about 20 minutes. Right from the phone interview they asked if I could come in for an in person interview.

I interviewed in person 2 weeks later. The interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews with a 30 minute job shadowing segment in between the interviews. The questions they asked were basic behavioral questions and my interviewers were very polite and created a non threatening environment.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?
      Tell me about a time you dealt with rejection
      What motivates you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on Groupon's website and received an email to conduct a phone interview within a week. The woman interviewing me was very nice and I thought the interview went well. At the end when I asked a few questions, she was stumped by my question of being able to move to different departments if an opening was available..say HR had an opening if you could transfer.(do not ask this questions, clearly lol)

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a potential Groupon customer who is unsure of the service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Over The Phone Interview then a Face To Face. Both of my interviews went well. I worked with a career coach for 3 months beforehand and was able to answer the questions superbly. I was shocked when I wasn't extended an offer. Yet, as I think back there were several red flags that came up during the interview process. Their website and job description states; they are looking for diversity and experience. After visiting their office, I observed this being; FAR from the truth. They walked me around their Call Center and I didn't see any black people. In a city like Chicago this would never happen accidentally. In addition most of the employees appeared to be younger than 30. I was interviewed by two white males; both under the age of thirty. Both, admitted to not having much sales experience before Groupon. Groupon definitely has a type. They have a type they are looking to hire; and middle age or minority isn't it.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the position   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon in November 2015.

Interview

Go online to jobs.groupn, put together an e-mail response (300 words or less) outlining the value proposition that Groupon provides, while directly addressing the merchant’s concerns. copy & paste the link below into a new window for a 5 minute assessment as a required part of your application.

Once completed, in order to finish your application

Inside B2B Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

I showed up for the interview and they were not ready "unorganized" interviewed with 2 gentleman they were nice. However, I took over the interview so there skills are less than desired. My sales record is impeccable as well as my management skills as my references proved. My advice to mgmnt is take control of you interviews and stich to the 80-20 rule

Interview Questions

• do you have any further questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

typical questions nothing too out of the ordinary. whats your resume experience, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, what do you know about sales and whats your experience in sales very standard and be sure to know a lot about the company and position and do ur homewrk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Overall relatively easy interviews. I talked to two sale managers via Skype as I lived far away. There were some behavioral questions but really easy going and easy to talk to.

Other jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In-person inter view was very unorganized, with several people in and out, seemingly unaware they had an interview that day. They had several people having to jump in with no information.

Interview Questions

• A mock sales call with a difficult potential client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me the day after I applied, I had about a 45 minute phone interview where they asked simple questions about my background and why I would want to work at Groupon. I was then invited in for an interview where I got a tour of the office and met with 2 different managers. The first person I talked to was harsh and aggressive, however, I think he was being that way to make sure I could handle the position. The second person I talked to was very helpful and we got a long very well. I left the interview feeling indecisive about the process but was offered a position the next morning.