Groupon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school career fair and receive response one week later. It takes two 45 mins round on campus. Two manager interviewed me and ask some questions about resume and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How to implement priority queue?   1 Answer

Operation Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (New York, NY).

Interview

Video conference and face to face with multiple interviewers. Standard questions and easy going atmosphere. Feedback to result was fast. People are in general quite nice. But even from the interview, you can tell that the company strategy changes way to frequently.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Groupon (Terre Haute, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

two 45-minute tech interview on campus. Two interviewers are all Chinese and the first one ask me a very complex question. Another one's question is satisfied. So I did very bad in the first one.

Interview Questions

• A hard data struct related problem and some easy questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Groupon (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was given a link by the recruiter to apply and was asked to answer to two question as application. I have to use my phone to type out the answer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for online for a front-end developer position and heard back from a technical recruiter about a week after the initial application. I was asked for availability for a phone screen and then heard nothing for another week. Once contact with the technical recruiter was reestablished I was bounced to a recruiting coordinator to schedule a phone screen with a developer. Once the time for my phone screen came I received no phone call. After waiting half an hour for the phone screen to begin I attempted to get in contact with the recruiting coordinator who had scheduled the phone screen with no success. Four hours after I was supposed to have the phone screen the initial technical recruiter reaches out to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability this week to take the tech screen?   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview two days after talking to a recruiter at the college career fair. A week later they emailed me saying I've passed to the final round interviews. Had 3 Skype interviews back-to-back, each one an hour long a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would handle a large amount of data, given you have a limited amount of memory.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with 2 separate people to discuss the position, role play a few possible scenarios that you might experience on the phone, etc. Was supposed to sig in for about 20 minutes with a customer service associate on the phone, but the person didn't have phone access, so we reviewed emails. Interview takes almost 2 hours. Most people working in the office are under the age of 35.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle sitting for long periods of time and being available to answer phone calls for up to 3 hours at a time?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They came to my school and I had two interviews, 45min each. They first asked me to introduced the project I did. Then is about a technical question. The questions were not hard. Bit manipution & an algorithm question about string. Do through preparation for them and you will pass these two rounds eaily

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Sent resume through an employee referral link. Had a phone interview maybe a week later. Phone interview went very well. Went in for a face to face interview at 4:30pm a week later. Met with my recruiter and had one face to face interview that went well. Sat with an employee to listen to calls for about 10mins then had another face to face interview. That interview was ok. Wasn't as fun as the first one. I kinda felt I may not have gotten the job based off the vibe the second interviewer was giving me. A week later got the "we decided not to move forward email. I think I would've gotten the job if I would've had just one interview with the first interviewer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and HR rep contacted via email to set up a time to speak over the phone. The phone interview lasted 20 mins. Phone interview is a walk through of resume. After that I meet with 2 managers in person. They were super cool and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What browser do you mostly use?
      How do you deal with rude customers?
      Why do you want to work for Groupon?   Answer Question