Groupon Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Groupon Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

2.5

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview is with a recruiter. Then a Skype interview with the district sales manager. Then at least 5 more telephone interviews with 5 different managers from all over the country. The interviewing process is tedious and very time consuming as all of the interviewing people ask the same questions. The process is a bit extreme for the benefit of the job. For an experienced and successful sales manager, the base isn't great and the company has no 401k to offer. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of company culture, I asked every interviewer and never got an answer. Doesn't seem like a job with a purpose, rather just a job. Maybe a good starting point for someone young.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most successful sale? Why Groupon? What was appealing about this position? What's your best selling skill?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Someone that works at groupon passed my resume to HR. I received an email and set up a short, 15 minute phone interview. That went well and I was invited to a second phone interview. The second interview was about 40 minutes.

I was invited to interview in person in Philadelphia with The International VP of Sales and the City manager, who were flying in from Chicago to interview candidates for an evening and the following day. I prepared the best I could, preparing questions, seraching the internet for Groupon in the news, which was pretty negative at this point in time, stock performance, etc. I actually prepared a 30, 60, 90 day plan which I never had the opportuntiy to present. I also had prepared some info for role playing, even though I was told that it would just be conversational interview.

I shook the hand of the City Manager and then was introduced to the International VP of Sales. He asked me about my background and then jumped right into role playing.... It was typical, he was a restaurant owner and I would try to sell him a groupon daily deal. I introduced grouon. I overcame 3 or 4 objections price( people spend more than the groupon), why do I need this (keep up with competition), keep new customers with groupon rewards, why no go with cheaper competitors- do not have the larger client base of groupon, brand, customer analysis, etc. He asked mre to calculate discounts- when I came up with the answer immediately, he tried to sutmp me with more difficult calulations. When he said he wanted to think about I set a follow up appt. But I didn't close him on the spot so he let me ask a couple questions and had the HR person tell me they would contact me next week. I never got to sit down with the city manager.

MY RECOMMENDATION: BE PREPARED TO SELL! Practice role playing with anyone that will sit down with you before the interview!

Interview Questions