Groupon Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Groupon Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Groupon

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

First round interview with HR- behavioral questions with focus on why specifically Groupon, why corporate finance (fp&a) vs other roles in finance. They asked if I use Groupon. They asked why I was interested in technology. They asked why I was interested in Chicago. Mostly basic behavioral questions with strong emphasis on "Why Groupon" type questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Initially I was very excited to be presented with the ability to interview with a great company like Groupon. But that was about the highlight of my experience. On the first round (a phone interview). The interviewer was late 10 minutes and secondly admitted he received my resume five minutes before the call.... way to get me motivated... When they called back for an in person I hesitantly agreed. The in person consisted of about 4 interviewers and the CFO. For the most part I would say they were alright albeit 2 of the interviewers seemed a bit junior and that made be a bit nervous. The CFO will blow your socks off... be prepared he is straight to the point in a refreshing kind of way. Overall, it was sloppy and disorganized with periods of time (15mins) of me sitting in the room alone while they figured out who would come in to talk to me.. The questions on the most part are irrelevant and very vague ... not sure what would drive them to ask situation based questions with no description... kind of a waste of time and energy.

Work Culture- like a college library but not quiet. Can honestly say its pretty cool, but everyone is junior in their careers it seems like.

Interview Questions

• If it is 3:15. how many degrees are between the little and big hand?   7 Answers

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groupon in January 2019.

Interview

I was sent an email to conduct a phone interview. I replied thanking her for the opportunity and the recruiter did not respond.

My interview time came up and over 5 minutes passed with no call. I was wondering the recruiter couldn’t get in touch with me due to lack of service on my end, so I called and she was barely apologetic as she pulled up my file. We went through the interview which was normal. The recruiter had a slightly condescending tone and seemed to have been looking for a “culture fit”. There was also a bit of background noise on the call, so I wasn’t sure if the call was taken seriously.

After the interview, I sent the recruiter a thank you email - there was of course no response.

Overall, I had a negative experience because of the lack of responsiveness, tone of the recruiter and untimely interview.