Groupon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.1

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview and then onsite. They were all technical interviews. First a couple questions on your resume and jump to coding and follow-up questions. They may throw you another question to you if you finish the first one and there are still plenty of time left. So be aware of that.

Interview Questions

• DP questions which you can find similar ones on coding practice websites.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had very smooth communication with interviewers, they have average difficulties, I think it's a little bit random depends on teams. It's a typical technical interview process. there was one phone screen and 5 rounds of onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school career fair and receive response one week later. It takes two 45 mins round on campus. Two manager interviewed me and ask some questions about resume and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How to implement priority queue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Groupon (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was given a link by the recruiter to apply and was asked to answer to two question as application. I have to use my phone to type out the answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They came to my school and I had two interviews, 45min each. They first asked me to introduced the project I did. Then is about a technical question. The questions were not hard. Bit manipution & an algorithm question about string. Do through preparation for them and you will pass these two rounds eaily

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Phone interview by someone, who was basically doing something else, e.g. texting and emailing since I could hear the sound. The background was very noisy, and the whole process was disappointing. The coding question was complicated and due to the interrupting noise I couldn't even focus.
    The whole process was very upset.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

talked to a recruiter at a groupon tech talk. heard back they wanted me for a on-campus interview with two engineers. then did an onsite where i ate lunch and had 2 in person interviews and 2 remote call interviews. it seemed some of the engineers couldn't choose their own questions. i heard back after 3 weeks of that.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

I applied for a Ruby developer position. I had a phone screen and technical interview. The interview consisted of a simple online whiteboard challenge using CoderPad and a long discussion about my interests and the role I'd be working in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the Software Engineer position. Initial round was a phone screen where the interviewer asked me questions based on my skills mentioned on my resume and then had a coding question. It was pretty straightforward. Later I was invited for an On-site interview and had 5 rounds. Each round consisted of discussing experience on a project mentioned on the resume and a whiteboard coding question. The questions were based on knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms. The focus was more on solving the problems rather than solving it in optimum time.

Interview Questions

• One round they asked me to implement a HashMap. The interviewer was not too clear about what was actually required.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had 1 on campus interview through the university and 1 onsite. The interview process was really fast and it took only 2 weeks from on campus interview to offer letter. The onsite interview had 3 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. There were a surprising amount of behavioral questions. Other than that the interview process was really easy.