Grovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grovo

3.2

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grovo (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by an in person interview with 2 managers, followed by a final interview where you met many people from the company (to assess culture fit) and then finally with the CEO.

The process was all about finding out if the person would fit in with the company and be driven to perform on a daily basis

Interview Questions

• Who is going to win the NBA Championship   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grovo (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Engaging conversation, trying to decipher personality. Asked a few questions about sales experience, but really it was more about a cultural fit. Can I enjoy working with you? It was about the team due to the entwined nature of the role. Really comfortable and I was allowed to sit back and be myself.

Interview Questions

• You just missed quota, what do you do the next month?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grovo in February 2014.

Interview

Each role requires a different understanding of SaaS. Ultimately, the most important part of the interview is how you convey your work experience, career aspirations, and ability to fit within the culture

Interview Questions

• How many people can fit in a NYC subway car at rush hour?   1 Answer

Grovo Response

Nov 10, 2015 – Cofounder & CEO (Jeff Fernandez)

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear your interview here was a great experience. I agree that those 3 areas are key. For us, culture fit isn’t a certain personality. It’s the ability to live and... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grovo (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed someone from the talent team for this particular position. We had a short phone interview and was followed by an in person interview with some of the sales team. I met with one person first and it was basic interview questions and not very formal. I then met with two other people in an enclosed room and it was very long and the questions they asked were the most irrelevant questions I have ever been asked on an interview. I thought I wanted to work at Grovo and had different expectations of it and was very let down.

Interview Questions

• If we called your friend why would they tell us not to hire you?   1 Answer
    • What is one thing your passionate about that others disagree on?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grovo (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls - one with a recruiter, then one with the team lead. Followed by an in-person interview at Grovo HQ. There was also a 'test' portion where I completed an exercise at home and submitted online. The exercise was very fair and a pretty standard expectation for any similar role. My first in-person interview was a final interview (which surprised me; I thought it was a first round in-person) and ended with an exploding offer. There was a bit of delay between submitting my application and getting the phone screen, but after that the process was very quick. I also connected with someone to refer me after applying, which I think helped.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grovo (New York, NY).

Interview

7 hours of intense discussion with 8 different people for two days. Met everyone in a team and went to the office twice for two different days. At the end of interview, we discussed about compensation and it was super fast process which I appreciated. Talked with one of co-founders afterward and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• I would say nothing special as my experience is far better than anyone at the company. Some member of a team asked about very specific questions about job skills but overall conversation was really about finding out culture fit.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grovo.

Interview

I applied for this position given my previous similar experience in the digital space. The initial turnaround was pretty quick, a recruiter emailed back within several days of the application to schedule a phone screen.
    We had a 15 min phone screen during which time he asked me general sales ops questions, key metrics, what would you do within 30 days of hire, etc. That said, he came off a little rude on the phone, after our discussion, he mentioned that they're looking for someone with SaaS experience! T found this to be a waste of my time and wondered why he reached out to begin with if they were looking for very narrow experience. Left a bad taste.

Interview Questions

• It's more technical than I thought a phone screen would be. They asked "what would you do within 30 days of hire" and "what are top sales ops metrics"   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grovo (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

took just about two weeks. phone screening, first day interview with 4 employees, 2 from marketing, 1 Data science team and 1 business development. second day interview with 5 employees, 2 from marketing, 2 Data Science and 1 business development.
    Both phone screening and first day interview included technical questions, mainly SQL.

Content Creator Interview

Interview

Employer asked for a significant amount of assigned work to be done as a step between first and second interview. Realistically needed to spend at least 3 hours of concentrated time to complete.

Interview Questions

• Assignment was demanding in term os time and also somewhat unclear in terms of scope.   Answer Question

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grovo (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Had a telephone interview and then a written assignment, which was to write a lesson that fit in with their programs and included text, graphics and video. Would have then had an in person interview but I didn't get that far.