GrubHub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.9

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Interview

i applied through indeed. Received a voicemail from Heather regarding the position. Called back to the number and extension, straight to voicemail. Called multiple times, through a couple days and never received a call back. This position was in Aliso Viejo. This place is a joke for not getting back to someone. I expected to receive a call back to schedule an interview. Its sad to see that people are taking the time to apply, and then when they get selected you dont get a call back.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview

After preliminary phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person. I had been advised that I would probably meet with two managers. When I arrived, I noticed the office was very messy, granted they were moving floors. I was greeted by two non-enthusiastic managers who were going to interview me at the same time. After struggling to get into a conference room, the interview was lackluster and didn't flow. I was not contacted nor did I contact them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how it relates to why you want to work here   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Horrible experience. Applied online. Recruiter scheduled a phone screen and was late to the call. Basically hung up on me when she did call. I then had to do the leg work to reschedule with her. Recruiter called me earlier then our scheduled time and shorted my time to discuss the opportunity. Recruiter was dry and uninterested. Received generic follow up this morning after the lackluster phone screen. I have never felt more disrespected in an interview process. Please review your recruitment strategies and etiquette. Based on other reviews this happens often. You will continue to miss out on talented professionals who can and seek to do nothing more but contribute to your organization.

Interview Questions

• Experience with building business partnerships/relationships?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It is the worst hiring process I have ever come across.

Had applied online but never heard back from the company. A head hunter who was working on finding candidates for the same position later approached me and asked I am interested in the opportunity. She did setup a call with HR at GrubHub. I did not get the call at the set time and called back the head hunter I was working with and updated her about not receiving the call, headhunter rescheduled the call for next day.

This time I did get call from HR and she seemed enthusiastic to move forward after the initial conversation. At same time company told headhunter since I had already applied on GrubHub website about a month back, headhunter can not be involved in the process any longer (although GrubHub never got back to me for my original application).

HR asked me to provide dates/time I would be available to talk to the hiring manager. I sent her dates/times but never heard back from her. I tried to send her another reminder email only to see mail bounce with error "email address is invalid".

I would work for such a sloppy company ever.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Met GrubHub at CareerFair. I had my screening round at campus and invited to on-site.
    Talk by CTO and followed by lunch. I had one coding and design round.

Overall: I just feel they hired people from only Ivy League even though I performed well in the interview.

Nice office culture. Free Food and Drinks. Happy Engineers!

Interview Questions

• Coding:
      Implement Tic Tac Toe
      Sum of prime number until 1 million
      Basic String questions (Had to use Trie to solve)
      Coin Exchange Problem (Dynamic Programming)

Design:
      Design CarStore
      Design Jukebox

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GrubHub (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career fair. I had in person interview the next day. The interview was very easy. They have asked questions related to my resume. The differences between languages mentioned in the resume. And asked to speak about the projects. 2 simple coding questions and few HR questions. I answered everything pretty well but was not considered for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Android life cycle
      Find unique list of integers from given a list of integers
      Sum of digits of given integer

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

1st round on the phone with recruiter
    2nd round with hiring manager

Interview seemed to go well. Never received a call back or any type of notification from the recruiter saying I wasn't selected. It should be courtesy to at least notify interviewees of their status with your company. Emails to the recruiter went unanswered

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on grub hub career website and received a mail from HR. First call was with HR explaining role and asking about my experience. Then asked we he would check with team and get back.Got a mail for technical round - 30 min. This was with usual questions on why data analyst and a few from resume. Then did a few simple sql questions. Interview was simple but got a reject and dont know exactly what they were looking for. No feedback given.

Interview Questions

• Why data analyst?
      SQL question using group by ,rank and having clauses. Easy ones.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GrubHub (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted later that week about scheduling a phone interview with the HR Manager. We spoke about 20-30min. It was mostly her telling me more about the role and making sure I'd fit with the role (salary requirements, etc.). She sent me a Caliper assessment to complete. After following up with her twice, we were able to schedule an interview. I met with two sales managers, one nice, one very blunt. Never heard anything after I left the interview.

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got a response from the GrubHub recruiter within a week. I had an phone interview with the recruiter and then spoke to the hiring manager a week or so later. I then made it to the next round, where the hiring manager wanted to meet in person. They posed this interview as a lunch chat. It was prime lunch hour near their offices, so the lunch spot was packed. The hiring manager proceeded to ask how I would launch and market a new product to their site, asking follow-up questions after my responses. It was distracting to be in a noisey and busy lunch spot sitting at a communal table, while answering questions about my process for a product launch. This interview lasted a hour and we parted ways.

The reason why I gave it a negative experience is the communication throughout the process. After my phone interview with the hiring manager, it took about three weeks of follow up to get a response from the hiring manager, though the recruiter was apologetic. After the lunch interview, I followed up with the recruiter--it's been over a month now and I never heard anything from them. During the interview process, the recruiter had been very quick to respond, but I never even got a rejection from them.

Interview Questions

• Walk through process of marketing a product launch for GrubHub.   Answer Question