GrubHub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GrubHub (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a normal interview process, seemingly went well. I was told I would be contacted back shortly. After a while I set a follow-up email that I never got a response to. The posting has since expired, but they never bothered to contact me to let me know the position had been filled, which is just plain unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They had typical interview questions for the position I applied for.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GrubHub in April 2017.

Interview

I was not interviewed. I submitted proof of insurance, license, and bank details, background check, and was accepted. I've heard others say they get a phone interview. If they accept you after the background check (I had a misdemeanor but passed) you are invited to an online session or in person if you live in a major city that has one. I opted for online, it started late and my driver specialist took longer then they said to email me what I needed to start but that's ok.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us. (online)   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen then flown in for an on-site. Half-day technical interview split into one hour blocks, each with somebody from a different team. Recruiting coordinator was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Design an application, then engineer it for various tradeoffs like speed, uptime, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled an interview using hired.com. Confirmed multiple times. Time was changed once. Reconfirmed.

Recruiter never joined the call and then lets me know after the fact that they aren't interviewing.

Stay away!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GrubHub in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The woman I spoke to was very nice, friendly, and easy to talk to. The initial phone interview mostly discussed the company as a whole and what the position's duties were. There were a few personal questions that asked about your experience, interest in the company, etc.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Smooth friendly very understanding.i went and it was 1 2 3...started working the next day
    They explain everything in detail step by step .the employees had a wonderful personality

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for them   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY).

Interview

It took 1 month. First is On-campus interview, then I got onsite interview invataiton 2 weeks later. The onsite interveiw was 2 hour in total with 2 lead engineers.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical. Simple algorithm and coding and deep system design   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Interview

i applied through indeed. Received a voicemail from Heather regarding the position. Called back to the number and extension, straight to voicemail. Called multiple times, through a couple days and never received a call back. This position was in Aliso Viejo. This place is a joke for not getting back to someone. I expected to receive a call back to schedule an interview. Its sad to see that people are taking the time to apply, and then when they get selected you dont get a call back.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview

After preliminary phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person. I had been advised that I would probably meet with two managers. When I arrived, I noticed the office was very messy, granted they were moving floors. I was greeted by two non-enthusiastic managers who were going to interview me at the same time. After struggling to get into a conference room, the interview was lackluster and didn't flow. I was not contacted nor did I contact them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how it relates to why you want to work here   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GrubHub (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Horrible experience. Applied online. Recruiter scheduled a phone screen and was late to the call. Basically hung up on me when she did call. I then had to do the leg work to reschedule with her. Recruiter called me earlier then our scheduled time and shorted my time to discuss the opportunity. Recruiter was dry and uninterested. Received generic follow up this morning after the lackluster phone screen. I have never felt more disrespected in an interview process. Please review your recruitment strategies and etiquette. Based on other reviews this happens often. You will continue to miss out on talented professionals who can and seek to do nothing more but contribute to your organization.

Interview Questions

• Experience with building business partnerships/relationships?   Answer Question