Grubhub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day asking to set up a call with the recruiter. She really was a pleasure to speak with my overall impression was very positive. She was very upfront that the max base salary for this position is 60k and bonuses are paid only in restrictive stock. We agreed that she would hold onto my resume, as the base was lower than what I was looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grubhub (Evanston, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and talked to the person from GrubHub. She gave me a position for on campus interview today.
    Interview started with a short introduction of the company and then they asked me what makes me interested in programming and why I want to keep working in this area. They also asked some general behavior questions like how did I work in a team.
    After that, they gave me the coding problem, which is implementing a thread safe linked list. The class needs to contain head(), tail(), push() and iterator().
    I'm waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implements a thread safe linked list.
      2. The class needs to contain head(), tail(), push() and iterator(), where iterator() returns a iterator of the list.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email from HR 2 days after I applied online. I had a 17 minute phone call with HR, then a 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager (Sr. Operating Strategy Manager). The next day the HR emailed to let me know the hiring manager decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your understanding of the role for which you're applying.   Answer Question
    • Questions about your experience - how did you communicate with, manage, and prioritize your 24 customers?   Answer Question
    • Are you more of a thinker (strategic, long term vision) or a doer (much more in the weeds, getting things done, think in terms of doing analysis)?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of your experience in process improvement. How did you identify the break or gap in process?   Answer Question
    • How do you make a decision about something? Are you somebody who goes with the information you have at the time and trusts your gut, or are you somebody who goes back to the team and gets 100% of the information, knowing that it will take longer?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

First step was a 15 Minute Phone Screen. The in person interview tha lasted about an hour with two interviewers asking questions and answering questions. More casual interview experience, I was made to feel comfortable.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

First recruiter phone call, then phone interview, then in person interview for half a day. Good company and looks like a fun place. Very informal interview. 4 rounds of in person interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The first day I talked to the recruiter on campus at the career fair. He said my resume and project experience is good and want to interview me further tomorrow on campus. The second day there is the interview on campus. Initially, they ask my projects and my teamwork experience. Then they gave me 3 questions about coding. I got all three questions done but there is no contact.

Interview Questions

• 1. given some requirements, I need to write the code. Very straightforward. I remember the question was like an array of integers, if there is the even index, double it, at the end, it is equal to some value, then the array is valid.
      2. Given an array of integers, find the maximum difference of any 2 numbers.
      3. If all those integers are the price of the stock market, find the maximum profit one transaction can gain.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grubhub (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The first contact was with the internal recruiter, who really impressed me with all of her in-depth questions about my background what technologies I have used in the past. The next step was a phone screen, which was 50% about my background and 50% coding. The problem was pretty straight forward.

I was then invited to the on-site interview. One session was OOP design and algo. I felt the OOP was pretty open ended, but the algorithm question was quite challenging. I couldn't find the optimal data structures for the problem. The second session was another coding session. I should have been able to answer that question fairly easily, but still, I struggled. I guess I was having a bad day. Another session was a system design question which I found very interesting and fun to answer. The last session was behavioral, which was mostly about my background. The other reviewers are right, the interview questions are great because they are based on real problems that GrubHub has had to solve.

Overall, I got a very good impression of the company. It looks like they have a lot of smart and down to earth people working there. And it looks like they are solving interesting problems with really cutting edge technologies.

While I'm disappointed that I didn't get an offer, I totally understand why I didn't get one, and I would absolutely re-apply given the chance.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grubhub (Champaign, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in my university's career in September, and got a chance to do on campus interview the next day. First is a simple programming problem, write on a piece of paper. Next is some behavior question.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grubhub (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied through Muse, I was contacted a few days later to setup interview. A day before the interview the time was changed and we reconfirmed on new day/time. Day of confirmed interview, I never received a call from Grubhub and followed-up and no reply.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position of Office Coordinator on July 31st. On August 31st I received an email that they reviewed my resume and were interested in setting up a phone interview that week. I provided a couple of days and times available, but never heard anything back. About a week later I emailed again to try to set-up the phone call, but again received no response. One week later I received a generic email stating, "After a thorough review, we have decided to pursue other candidates whose skill-sets better match the position. " I saw another applicant had a similar experience, demonstrating Grubhub's complete lack of respect for its applicants.