Grubhub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

179 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I got all the way to the final interview. I passed the technical challenge with flying colors according to them. Met with three people the Lead iOS Dev the QA dev and the manager of all the teams. The first two people were nice and I mixed well with them. The third person was the one who made me not get the position there. I am actually infuriated by their response to me. This is what they told the recruiter "Candidate was reluctant to work in our technologies, he was very open about that". I don't know where in the world they would get that idea from but it was far from the truth. I really liked the place a lot and wanted to work their but they say pretty much that I said to them in so many words "I don't want to work in your technologies. Im offended by that statement and its either they have very bad word comprehension or they just seen me as a threat somehow. but I don't even care if they are reading this. How would I go through the technical interview and be told the technologies I would be working on and agree to it there. Only to come into the final interview and say "Oh no Im not going to do that" That is wrong and very unprofessional of them to come to that conclusion about me. Every position I had I went in there working with their previously decided technologies. So how does that make any sense

Interview Questions

• What kind of different types of design patterns are there?   1 Answer

Data Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day asking to set up a call with the recruiter. She really was a pleasure to speak with my overall impression was very positive. She was very upfront that the max base salary for this position is 60k and bonuses are paid only in restrictive stock. We agreed that she would hold onto my resume, as the base was lower than what I was looking for.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed , standard what if questions...not looking for experienced employees over 50 . Top management in maybe their 40's . If you are experienced and OLDER DO NOT waste your time. I noticed the age group on the way to the interview room

Interview Questions

• Difficult, irate customer , the usual , what would you do in this instance questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grubhub (Evanston, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and talked to the person from GrubHub. She gave me a position for on campus interview today.
    Interview started with a short introduction of the company and then they asked me what makes me interested in programming and why I want to keep working in this area. They also asked some general behavior questions like how did I work in a team.
    After that, they gave me the coding problem, which is implementing a thread safe linked list. The class needs to contain head(), tail(), push() and iterator().
    I'm waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implements a thread safe linked list.
      2. The class needs to contain head(), tail(), push() and iterator(), where iterator() returns a iterator of the list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grubhub (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied both online and on career fair which is Friday, and I received a call asking me to have an on compus interview on Monday. Talking through what feature I want to add to grubhub and coding problems.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email from HR 2 days after I applied online. I had a 17 minute phone call with HR, then a 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager (Sr. Operating Strategy Manager). The next day the HR emailed to let me know the hiring manager decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your understanding of the role for which you're applying.   Answer Question
    • Questions about your experience - how did you communicate with, manage, and prioritize your 24 customers?   Answer Question
    • Are you more of a thinker (strategic, long term vision) or a doer (much more in the weeds, getting things done, think in terms of doing analysis)?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of your experience in process improvement. How did you identify the break or gap in process?   Answer Question
    • How do you make a decision about something? Are you somebody who goes with the information you have at the time and trusts your gut, or are you somebody who goes back to the team and gets 100% of the information, knowing that it will take longer?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

First step was a 15 Minute Phone Screen. The in person interview tha lasted about an hour with two interviewers asking questions and answering questions. More casual interview experience, I was made to feel comfortable.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was called into a small office room, and the interviewer read off from my resume, then asked a few questions about my experience with customer service. I had the opportunity to ask a few question, and was informed more about the company and their hiring needs.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your greatest professional accomplishment?   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

First recruiter phone call, then phone interview, then in person interview for half a day. Good company and looks like a fun place. Very informal interview. 4 rounds of in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

Started by applying on their website, then had an informational phone interview followed by an additional phone interview and a personality assessment. Final in person interview at the office downtown.