Grubhub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grubhub Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

They wanted free consulting: The salary band for the position I was interviewing for was lower than my asking salary. With that said, I was brought in to interview with a Director who spent 2 hours asking me extremely detailed questions about what I'd do with the program.

Interview Questions

• I was actually asked to solution marketing problems (in serious detail) in the interview. I'm an industry expert, clearly called in for a freebie.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied Online
    Got a call from regional manager. Basic questions, they were basically looking for someone to fill the spot.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

Starting process was different than what I have experienced before. I was actually emailed a list of questions to respond and send back - usually this would be over the phone.

Interview Questions

• All questions would be something expected normally from these types of interviews   Answer Question

Social Media Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

A phone interview asking basic questions about my experience with social media and why I would like to intern there. Asked for references of my social media accounts (to see if I actually know what I am doing). Then asked for an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked for personal social media site references.   1 Answer

Personal things came up and I wasn't able to move forward with it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website and received a call from the recruiter to go over my resume and experience. this went well, and they sent me an online coding problem. I wrote a correct solution to the problem they gave, but it could have had a decent improvement on space usage.

After 8 days I emailed the recruiter to see if there was any movement in the interview process. I didn't receive a response so I emailed again 11 days later. It is now 7 days after that email and still no response as to whether or not I am still a candidate for the position. Very unprofessional and disappointing that I still have not received any update from the company.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse all the words in a string separated by spaces. There will be k spaces, and k + 1 words.   2 Answers

Online Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Two 10 minute phone interviews, one with HR and one with a sales manager, with experience and behavioral questions then a Skype/onsite interview with 2/3 people for 20 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you convinced someone to do something.   Answer Question

QA Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied then got an HR call then a technical interview, the qa manager did not seem to know much about programming.
    I answered all his questions in details and even went beyond that and explained concepts to him
    I never got an on site interview, for both chicago and new york.
    They never provided any reason why they were not according me an on site interview.
    It turns out that this company descrimination against hirring people with arab and muslim names.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It is the worst hiring process I have ever come across.

Had applied online but never heard back from the company. A head hunter who was working on finding candidates for the same position later approached me and asked I am interested in the opportunity. She did setup a call with HR at GrubHub. I did not get the call at the set time and called back the head hunter I was working with and updated her about not receiving the call, headhunter rescheduled the call for next day.

This time I did get call from HR and she seemed enthusiastic to move forward after the initial conversation. At same time company told headhunter since I had already applied on GrubHub website about a month back, headhunter can not be involved in the process any longer (although GrubHub never got back to me for my original application).

HR asked me to provide dates/time I would be available to talk to the hiring manager. I sent her dates/times but never heard back from her. I tried to send her another reminder email only to see mail bounce with error "email address is invalid".

I would work for such a sloppy company ever.

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Interview

i applied through indeed. Received a voicemail from Heather regarding the position. Called back to the number and extension, straight to voicemail. Called multiple times, through a couple days and never received a call back. This position was in Aliso Viejo. This place is a joke for not getting back to someone. I expected to receive a call back to schedule an interview. Its sad to see that people are taking the time to apply, and then when they get selected you dont get a call back.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub.

Interview

After preliminary phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person. I had been advised that I would probably meet with two managers. When I arrived, I noticed the office was very messy, granted they were moving floors. I was greeted by two non-enthusiastic managers who were going to interview me at the same time. After struggling to get into a conference room, the interview was lackluster and didn't flow. I was not contacted nor did I contact them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how it relates to why you want to work here   Answer Question