Grupo Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grupo Santander (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I first did and online video interview. And then got called into the office for a group interview. The experience was very positive and conversational while working on a pretend case. I then talked with who my boos would be for the summer which was very conversational.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grupo Santander (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with an online application, then was asked to download app and do a video interview. Waited roughly a week and a half and the recruiter called me for an interview. Then scheduled a time to meet with regional sales mgr for interview at local hotel. Then recruiter called back 4 days later with formal offer pending a background check.

Human Resources Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grupo Santander (Dorchester, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

A complete waste - I interviewed and wasted two lunch hours (2 interviews) for a position that turned out to be a backstep in my career as it turned out. Never called me back or emailed me to say I was not chosen. I did however through the interview realize this was not the place to leave my job for. ---- This treatment means there is no regard for the fact that I took time out to interview with them. They clearly do not respect candidates and I'm sure they do not respect their employees time and efforts. --Like at least follow up with your interviewee's that's one of the most important factors as a recruiter as it helps to keep your company reputation

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grupo Santander in May 2016.

Interview

I didn't even get an interview because of the online assessment that they make you take. I just don't think that it is fair to base an interview off an assessment that is mainly opinion. Does that mean I have to lie just to get an interview? I have the qualifications that they asked, but because of a failed assessment I have to wait 6 months just to even apply again. What a waste of 30 mins.

The brief phone interview I did have was ok to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grupo Santander.

Interview

I received a call from HR on a Friday. She asked me some questions about prior experience, and then arranged an face to face interview the next Wednesday with the hiring manager for the region. The hiring manager was nice it was hard to tell how he felt in the beginning but then the interview came relaxed and we both were laughing due to our conversation. On Friday HR called me and offered me a position.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grupo Santander (Reading, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Basic, standard interview. Description of job duties, general questions about past employment and education. I asked general questions about opportunities to advance, general pay scale, hours, etc. Interviewer was friendly and upbeat and able to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grupo Santander.

Interview

I was referred therefore I don't know if that helped and eased the interview process but the interview was good, they didn't ask a lot of questions but showed to be really interested in what I had to say. They asked about my resume and GPA and of course they asked me the “tell me about yourself” question, besides that it felt as a conversation rather than an interview, which made me feel comfortable.

Applications Support Position(Not Official Title) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grupo Santander (Dorchester, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was set up through a recruiter. It ended up being an almost 3 hr long group interview (maybe 30 people) divided into 2 groups. They said it was the first of it's kind. They also said they had multiple positions. Candidates were asked to talk about themselves and were asked specific questions. Interviewers (2-3) people were really nice to interview with, so the whole group interview wasn't as bad as it sounds. There was a written skills test (banking / slight technical). They never gave any feedback to the recruiter.

Santander Bank Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grupo Santander (Framingham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

open house interview. First you meet with a branch manager from the district, then you will meet the DE no matter what your role is. Often times if you going to meet the DE, they are going to hire you. They are also short staffed, almost always. Good company to start with, not to stay with.

Interview Questions

• where you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grupo Santander (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

easy going,quite simple with basic questions plus some questions about my backgound and experiences. Talked about languages, multicultural environments ,computer skills ,networking skills , creativity.He asked me about criminal records and past places where I lived. We reviewed the duties I would have to do when becomeing part of santander as well as dress code, company culture and