Guardian Industries Interview Questions in Carleton, MI | Glassdoor

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

The overall process took about two months, but I was kept in the loop during the whole process. The first interview consisted of my knowledge of the company, and then a small tour of one of the lines. After that came basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, if I was willing to work long hours. The first interview lasted roughly 45 minutes from start to finish.

I got the second call from Guardian about 2 weeks after my first interview, this one consisted of a one on one interview with a member of HR. I was asked more specific questions, such as how I'd handle specific situations related to saftey, and harassment. At the end I was given a writen, and verbal offer for the position, pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for laborer positions

Controls Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Was mostly a pleasant process. Gave me a good tour of the plant, explained duties pretty well. Left me with other techs at one point who seemed to question my experience and whether or not I was willing to get dirty since my resume stressed office type work, I guess. Seemed like nice enough bunch though.

Interview Questions

• Was given a test of PLC ladder logic, this is to be expected and made me realize I needed to bone up on this since it had been a while. Also questioned several times about whether the unusual shift work would be an issue.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. All technical people accept one took the individual interviews.
    I was contacted by an outside recruiter who explained the hiring process in detail.
    Guardian always make sure the candidate can perform without minimum or no training, can work long hours with pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain how do you fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable and quick.

Material Handlier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Lengthy when I hired in. The new process sits you down with a member of HR. If you pass then you sit down with a shift manager and 2 production supervisors for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How many days do you think it's ok to miss work?   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial communications were a telephone pre-screen reviewing my application and resume' submitted. Interview process was day long event, meeting w/several managers and personnel involved in the hiring process at different points in the day. Also it included a tour of plant with walk/talk involved. Notes were taken by about half of the people conducting the interview, so that the notes could be compared at a later time.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any extremely difficult or unexpected questions, Guardian is looking less for technical knowledge and more for a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate on both wages and vacation time. (of course, that was prior to Koch Industries buying into Guardian).