Guardian Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.8

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Witt, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (De Witt, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. They call you in for a second interview where you meet with multiple individuals to discuss the position. The interview is laid back. Everyone at the company was extremely helpful and answered all the questions that I had for them.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

R&D Coater Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email about a phone interview. During the interview, I talked to R&D manager. He was nice and asked general interview questions.The interview was about 20 minutes long. He sent me the result after a day.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think you are a suitable candidate for the position?", "What experience do you have related to the position?", "Tell me about _____ experience on your resume"   Answer Question

Hot End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Geneva, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to 2 people for about 15 minutes, they barely talked to me...but they knew who they wanted for the job already. We were not told of the decision quickly but we already knew who got the job and they did get it. It was unfair...management always does this, they made the decison before the interviews went on.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work I liked to do, did i like overtime.   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbury, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Millbury, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Called by HR for phone interview. I assume I passed, but communication with HR lady was hit or miss. Dealing with her was very difficult. She forgot what she told me in regards to when to call her back, she never called me back when promised. I did the follow up or it wouldn't have been done. I interviewed with other Supervisors, Production Manager (boss), HR and Plant Manager in plant. Thought it went well with Supervisors, they seemed to like working for Production Manager and company. Didn't get a good feeling from Plant Manager. He seemed shifty and aloof, but I thought I passed with him. Production Manager was more of a conversation than interview, but he seemed knowledgable in glass and plastics. I thought I would have been called back, but after not hearing anything for 10 days, I called back. HR said they decided on different person.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? can you work any shift? strengths?weaknesses? etc.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

It was nice and effective.first Hr interview I pass it then technical interview he ask me all about my previous work experience as I working in the same company overseas in Saudi Arabia. He asked me very detailed quastions to check my experience and I answer them all. As I was new to united state and not much familler with American accent there was one quastion I asked him to repeat it 3 or 4 times when he ask the same quastion in a different way I replay him right. I think this was the reason why he did not take me due to comminication because during the interview he was telling me that this we are looking for.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

There were 3 interviews total. An initial phone interview, then a panel interview with technical folks, then a more general, business question/culture type interview with upper level managers. The people were very nice and were just trying to get a feel for your personality and if you would fit in with the culture here.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weaknesses, or name a time when you had to overcome something challenging.   Answer Question

Plater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Taylor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Very basic and friendly interview process. Maybe 30 minutes total. Went through resume, asked some very basic questions and that was about it. No silly questions interview questions, like "how many balloons would it take to fill this room?". Very nice people, that had good intentions. Unfortunately, the upper management is really lacking at this facility, so most people that try to improve things have their hands tied.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working in an extreme climate environment?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

It was really simple, they asked me about the simple control system questions. Face to face was mostly salary negotiation. Had a lunch with future colleagues, they were very nice and welcoming. They asked me about my experience on control system design, about they understood my depth about control system they kinda stop talking about technical questions. ;-P

Interview Questions

• The negotiation was difficult, manager straight offered me an exact number and said he wont be able to offer any more. As I badly needed a job then so I had to accept that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are a HUGE company they got tons of money, but doesnt want to pay much. Bonus is simply a joke. So negotiate as much as possible from the beginning coz you can forget about the raise for atleast next 3 to 4 years.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

First, the hiring manager showed my around the facility, and had a quick chat. I was then asked to give a 40 min long presentation, followed by a 20 min discussion. I then talked to 7 or 8 people at different levels with different functions, managers from different groups, technical people within the hiring group, HR assistant.

Interview Questions

• career goals in 5 years, technical discussions, standard behavior questions   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

First communication was to set up a pre-screening phone interview. Recruiter was polite and explained the position very well. I was asked to give a run-down about my experiences and we went into behavioral response questions. Unfortunately, I have not finished my degree but I have life experience through the military comparable to the position applied for. However, it seemed that experience was dismissed after further discussion as it was not a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions

• Can you take instructions from others without being upset?   Answer Question