Guardian Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardian Industries Interview Questions

2.8

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goole, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Goole, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Arrived at Guardian. Reported to security. Sat in reception till the interviewer came and collected me and took me to his office to peform the interview.
    Interview was quite straight forward we talked about past work experiances and what skills i had tgat were relavent to the position. Had a short tour of the site and job was offerd on the day started the following week.

Interview Questions

• WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR GUARDIAN?   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

It was nice and effective.first Hr interview I pass it then technical interview he ask me all about my previous work experience as I working in the same company overseas in Saudi Arabia. He asked me very detailed quastions to check my experience and I answer them all. As I was new to united state and not much familler with American accent there was one quastion I asked him to repeat it 3 or 4 times when he ask the same quastion in a different way I replay him right. I think this was the reason why he did not take me due to comminication because during the interview he was telling me that this we are looking for.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ligonier, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Ligonier, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter via phone interview and then there was 2 in-person interviews along with a dinner which was an informal interview. This process took approximately 1 month.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corsicana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Corsicana, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Many thirty to sixty minute interviews that lasted all day
    Was offered lunch by would be manager
    Asked similar questions many times by different people
    Seemed unorganized and took longer than it should have as lots of guys needed to be tracked down

Interview Questions

Negotiation

try to negotiate everything

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Detroit, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Two interviews typical. First time expect to meet 5-7 people for one on one interviews from future peers, senior people and HR. Basic questions for cultural fit and technical skills. Second interview several weeks later expect to make a presentation to a group of people. Panel interview with 4- 6 people and interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict resolution with a peer and develop a good working relationship when things have gone bad? How do you correct the situation? And, do you have to become friends again to work well together   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

Interview with at least 6 or 7 people from various disciplines and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights and weekends. My answer was yes and little did I know what I was in for!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer except the start date. I was allowed to start 1 week later than they requested.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

Stared with a phone interview. If called in for a second interview be prepared for a long day. It consists of meeting with multiple people (about 7 or 8) and interview by each one individually. You have to pass each interview to be extended a job offer. Typical interview questions and lots of behavioral type questions. There number one focus is safety!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions and lots of behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Goole, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

An interview was arranged for me by a recruitment agency through which I applied. My contact at the agency was very good and positive about my chances of getting this role. Apparently, she had sent several CV's to Guardian over a period of two and a half months and Guardian knocked them all back; I was the only person they chose to interview. That gave me added confidence that there was something about my experience and skills that they were interested in.

I arrived at Guardian and was escorted to a waiting area by a security guard. A friendly woman greeted me and asked me to fill an application form in and asked me if I wanted a drink; so far so good.

After about fifteen minutes, my interviewer arrived. From his arrival and initial exchanges he seemed uninterested in the interview and in me. It crossed my mind that this could be a ploy, a kind of "I'm going to raise objections about your suitability for this position and you have to convince me that they are incorrect and hence you will have to convince me that you should have this job" as he seemed to me to be raising unreasonable objections.

But it became apparent that that wasn't the case. My contact at the agency told me (as per the instruction of the HR Manager at Guardian) that I was being considered not only for the position I applied for (Process Engineer) but also the Process Manager position because of my previous experience. When I raised this with my interviewer, he told me "no, I don't think so; you are not experienced enough for the Process Manager position."

After the interview I was left wondering why there was such a difference in opinion. There seems as if there could have been some conflict between my interviewer and the HR manager/department, but that is just a theory. It does not excuse the lack of professionalism shown towards me in the interview.

I gave, in my opinion, a very good interview, despite the lack of interest from my interviewer. I put a good case across as to why Guardian should give the position, but it seemed certain from the very beginning of the interview that the interviewer's mind was made up.

I left the interview feeling underwhelmed; I'd put in the time and effort to travel to the interview and give a good interview and in return I was shown contempt.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever done in your life?   Answer Question

Plant Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2008.

Interview

it was just fine...nothing big actually. talked to a whole host of people after talking to people at the corp office. took long time

Interview Questions

• would you buy an ice cream stand or a car wash   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn via a recruitment agency. I had two interviews with the agency, a writing test and then 3 interviews with the company. The process took about one month. I received my answer the next day after the face to face interviews with the HR Business Partner and the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Considering my previous work, would I find as fulfilling working for Guardian?   Answer Question