Guardian Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardian Industries Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Questions

• Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   2 Answers

Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

The interview starts on my personal information and experience how to effectively manage people which includes evaluation and motivation.
    This is the longest interview I ever experienced. They showed interest in my production background as Production Manager and Plant Manager experience.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2011.

Interview

1st a phone interview, then 2 different in person interviews. Overheard the HR Manager saying only two applicants that are qualified got through testing and he said the pay will be to low for them. The HR Manager and his boss from the corporate office in Michigan do not know how to interview or what to ask. Also, the plant is going to implement a policy that tests for tobacco use, so be a non-smoker.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Floreffe, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Floreffe, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial screening on the University Campus and a final interview in the actual manufacturing plant. The initial interview was with the manager and was more of a casual conversation to see if the person was a fit for the culture. The on site interview consisted of 4 interviews (Plant Manager, HR manager, Hot End Manager and Upper Line Manager). It was a day long process and they paid for all accommodations. Once I got the job offer, it was a complete hassle from there on. Little to no help was provided when transferring to the new city for the job and HR clearly showed its lack of experience and professionalism. Overall, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a $1,500 raise from the original offer. My advice is to really get what you want going in because bonuses and raises are not good.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

It was really simple, they asked me about the simple control system questions. Face to face was mostly salary negotiation. Had a lunch with future colleagues, they were very nice and welcoming. They asked me about my experience on control system design, about they understood my depth about control system they kinda stop talking about technical questions. ;-P

Interview Questions

• The negotiation was difficult, manager straight offered me an exact number and said he wont be able to offer any more. As I badly needed a job then so I had to accept that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are a HUGE company they got tons of money, but doesnt want to pay much. Bonus is simply a joke. So negotiate as much as possible from the beginning coz you can forget about the raise for atleast next 3 to 4 years.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2011.

Interview

phone interview questions: describe a situation you have disagreed your colleagues? what college studies gave you? how do you build the credibility in team?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

Interview

HR at my previous company passed along my resume (after some extensive redoing and perfecting of it) and made sure it got into the right hands, along with a great referral. I was then contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview, which went over what some of my previous jobs consisted of and how they related to what I might do at this company. We also discussed my feelings about relocation and general feelings about sales positions, where I was reassured that this is not a typical, cold-call sales type of job. The next phone interview was with the person who would be my manager, and was a run down on what exactly the job would consist of.

Interview Questions

• How did you get along with your previous managers, and if you didn't get along, why not?   Answer Question

Plant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corsicana, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Corsicana, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process could be a lot better. When a schedule is made for the interview process, the interviewee has to wait several minutes in order to see the next person on the list, and a lot of times you don't get to meet everyone on the schedule, for one reason or another. This has the interviewee having to come back several times.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. Guardian doesn't really follow a structured interview process. One thing I can honestly say about Guardian is when they find that right canidate they will make an offer quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually went through a Recuriter. I asked for 3 weeks vacation and got it. The negotiation phase with Guardian was fairly easy. I received everything I had asked for.

Junior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Auburn Hills, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

It was 4 hours interview with 4 different people, HR, future boos and two other technical persons

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty standard, asked about all of my previous job experience and I presented my portfolio   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

Interview

It was a very happy conversation with one of the employee at Guardian, they are emphasize on the personality and will of learn than the experience. I think it be very fun to work at Guardian.