Guardian Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardian Industries Interview Questions

2.8

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ligonier, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Ligonier, IN).

Interview

Long and somewhat unorganized. I interviewed with three managers on site and most of the questions were tied to lean manufacturing. The plant manager was the first on-site interview and I actually enjoyed talking with him. He took me for a short tour and covered some of their organizational goals. After my interview with the PM I interview with two other managers, one was quality and the other I am not sure. They were both very vague and I lost interest during this time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, but very vague questions. I would have expected more relevant questions pertaining to my skills and qualifications. Over the past three years I have received at least thirty calls, from different recruiters, about this same position. It appears Guardian is seeking a particular leadership trait that is difficult to find or the turn-over rate is astronomical. Thats just my opinion.   Answer Question

I received an offer for another interview. I didn't feel I would be a good fit for their culture and declined any additional interviews.

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

The overall process took about two months, but I was kept in the loop during the whole process. The first interview consisted of my knowledge of the company, and then a small tour of one of the lines. After that came basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, if I was willing to work long hours. The first interview lasted roughly 45 minutes from start to finish.

I got the second call from Guardian about 2 weeks after my first interview, this one consisted of a one on one interview with a member of HR. I was asked more specific questions, such as how I'd handle specific situations related to saftey, and harassment. At the end I was given a writen, and verbal offer for the position, pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for laborer positions

Thin Films Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in De Witt, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (De Witt, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR and then a 1.5 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. 100% behavioral interview questions and explanation of prior work history. Long discussion on glass and thin films. Overall, the interview process was very professional.

The only downside was waiting 2 months from start to finish for a decision.

Controls Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Was mostly a pleasant process. Gave me a good tour of the plant, explained duties pretty well. Left me with other techs at one point who seemed to question my experience and whether or not I was willing to get dirty since my resume stressed office type work, I guess. Seemed like nice enough bunch though.

Interview Questions

• Was given a test of PLC ladder logic, this is to be expected and made me realize I needed to bone up on this since it had been a while. Also questioned several times about whether the unusual shift work would be an issue.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Questions

• Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   2 Answers

No Answer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

Group interview format. Group seemed nice. Really pushed the company values. Side stepped some of my questions to the group

Interview Questions

• provide an example of some of the projects you worked on and how they turned out   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited. They would not negotiate on salary or perks

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in October 2013.

Interview

Straightforward process, just wanted to understand my background. I enjoyed speaking with two of the interviewers but had another who was abrasive. Hearing the experiences of the team is always positive, and better understanding their thoughts on company culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

Interview with at least 6 or 7 people from various disciplines and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights and weekends. My answer was yes and little did I know what I was in for!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer except the start date. I was allowed to start 1 week later than they requested.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

Interview

It was a very happy conversation with one of the employee at Guardian, they are emphasize on the personality and will of learn than the experience. I think it be very fun to work at Guardian.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. All technical people accept one took the individual interviews.
    I was contacted by an outside recruiter who explained the hiring process in detail.
    Guardian always make sure the candidate can perform without minimum or no training, can work long hours with pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain how do you fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable and quick.