Guardian Life Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardian Life Financial Representative Interview Questions

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Life (Mobile, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process began with an impromptu phone call so be prepared.
Multiple interviews so they can "get to know you"
Do not discuss job specifications until the later interviews.
However, overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guardian Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardian Life (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

She had me arrive a little before the scheduled Mtg time to fill out a "survey" ... The survey is actually an opportunity to answer several 'interview' type questions on paper with time to think about your answer first..

Over all the interview was painless, bcause the Managing Director and her assistant were terrific people and because the questions that deserve the most thought were given before the meeting on the 'survey' with anyone.. Plus I did a lot of reading about the firm I was applying to and of Guardian of course..

Interview Questions

• Part of the survey was a list of 10 things that are important to any employee and had you rate them 1 being least important 10 being most important. The list had stuff like: Being a respected member of the community; Desire to help others; There was one to gauge how money motivated you are...   1 Answer
    • What would friends and coworkers say they admired about you?   1 Answer
    • What would they say you needed to do better?   1 Answer
    • What's your dream job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guardian Life (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

There are 4 rounds. The first round was with HR where they give you a personality test, describe the job (which I thought was an odd start). If you pass the first round, you'll meet with the GA or office CEO. It's rather intense. My 2nd round lasted 3 hours and I left with a project of interviewing and soliciting friends. The third round is when you'll go over the compensation package, the results from the round 2 project and you'll receive a contract offer. The final round is the VIP interview where three current financial representatives will grill you for about an hour. If they approve of you, then they will give their blessing to the GA to hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardian Life (Woodbury, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Got called in for a 1 on 1 interview. The managing director was very friendly and clear. I also got called in for 2 more interviews after for more clear and precise details on the job. He explained the salary situation which got a little confusing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Guardian Life (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Totally 4 runs. The first interview was with the recruiter, the interview is more about explaining your resume, followed by a take home personality test. The second and third interview were by managers, they have a short introduction about the company and their experiences in this industry. The last interview was conducted by the general manager, setup the goal and plan to see if you are committed to do this business.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Guardian Life in October 2014.

Interview

Went in and had the general interview questions, Where do you see yourself in five years, describe your strengths and weaknesses. Then sat through a presentation about the company and the job description. Salary is commission based.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Life in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Guardian Life in person and had a reasonable experience. Fairly easy interview, but felt pressured to accept an offer.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardian Life in October 2013.

Interview

Fun but wanted to know about family and personal life, there was at least 2-3 panel interviews, and the perception was that all financial reps were making a sizeable income and they were not. Now looking back I feel bamboozled, because most of those people have left to different brokerages or different occupations.

Interview Questions

• If I had family life and if they are supportive. Also, how do I start the day in order to be success.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Life (Estero, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Not very good. Would take anyone. didn't really know anything about the business but the owner was rewarded on the number of Financial reps in the office so he got as many people as possible to staff the cubes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was none.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Life in November 2011.

Interview

Lengthy!
    The first interview is 1 on 1 with an agency head (GA)
    There are then 2 tests one is a personality test the other is a skills test
    Then there is a second interview with a sales manager
    Then you fill out a background check and then a handwriting analysis
    There is a third interview with the GA and Sales Manager- Go over background check and compensation
    There is a fourth interview where the requirements are explained to get on contract
    There is a fifth interview where you sign the pre-contract agreement
    You go through pre-contract (working with no pay)
    A month or two goes by (sometimes 3) then you go on contact and start getting paid...

But all this is worth it if you are good at sales and can handle a month or two with no pay. This process means they are serious about you, and that they don't just give this job to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you really struggled with something, how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your salary is based on your pre-contract production so there is little in the negotiation unless you have/do an amazing job in the pre-contract phase.