Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

After 7 months of intense face-to-face and phone interviews....11 interviews, one drug test, one lie-detector test...they put a hiring freeze into effect. Interviewed with two hiring managers, all of the owners of the company (via phone) and constant calls for interviews with no notice...the job was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Many tests and questions from managers and staff doctors.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Walked in originally and then called. Continued to follow up with them and received an additional 38 page application. Submitted it, then went in for two "interviews." They were both complete waste of times. From my detailed explanation below, you will see how I was treated unfairly and never considered for the job.

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

Went thru an extensive hiring process for a job at their corporate offices in Memphis. I spent a lot of time and money (parking, proper attire as I heard that women can only wear skirts!!!) in hopes of getting the job. I was told about 3 weeks into the process (after I called numerous times for an update) that they decided to hire internally- maybe. They will for sure let me know by the end of the week. They never called. It is a slap in the face to the unemployed to be treated this way. Because of the disrespect I was shown after all the hoops I went thru, I will never apply to this company again. The lie detector tests and extensive personality tests for a staff position are a little ridiculous also.

Interview Questions

• What does wood and alcohol have in common?   17 Answers

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a bit long. A total of 3 separate interviews with 3 different levels of management. The final step is an assessment with a psychologist. A bit of a long and drawn out process. But not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?
      What are some of your strengths? Weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

13 interviews over 3 months -- still did not get the job. If you are not male, white and have previous law enforcement or FBI experience, do not apply. Everyone told me that I had the job until the CEO review. 13 interviews, psych eval, polygraph, 2 more interviews, medical and credit eval, and 8 references. Extremely invasive and not worth the time or money.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Initial interview with HR was an easy and friendly experience, but the company's recruitment process is ridiculous. I understand the need for having heavy screening for security officers, but do I really need to be hooked up to a polygraph for an office position??? You will have to fill out a 40 page application, and you will be asked about if you have ever taken drugs, ever taken prescription meds that were not yours, have you ever seen a psychiatrist. The whole process is extremely invasive and unnecessary.

On top of all this, women are not allowed to wear pants in the corporate office. I don't even see how that is legal. This is 2013, not the Mad Men era.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was not so good to work with this security company, I was not able to convince the human resource to hire me. She was so horible to tell you if you get hired or not. It was so frustrated to get an interview and not to get the hiring result.. I would not recommended to security officer to apply to this company. HR was so horrible to communicate with....

Interview Questions

• What would you do to be a good security supervisor?   1 Answer

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oregon, OH).

Interview

The interview was a surprise after a long night shift for the same company. The interview itself was very unorganized and scenarios asked were unrealistic. Only 2 of us applied for the position and after the other person quit I thought I would get the job. But after about 2 months of being told to hold on and them waiting on a current supervisor I just assume that I'm not getting it. Yet they promoted another to supervisor for a different opening the same day the prior one quit.

Interview Questions

• What if there was a serious problem with one of your employees and you told me (the site manager) and I refused to do anything about it?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interview and a week of paper work and since hired, never missed a night.

Interview Questions

• Expectation that I would look for in my potion or potion I'm seeking.   Answer Question

Ssecurity Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

guardsmark won't tell you how they really treat there employees.
    they will lead you you to think there are advancement potential opportunities and there isn't.

Interview Questions

• there were none. just a 300 question booklet to complete, which just asked the same questions over just different ways.   1 Answer