Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

2.4

Security Officer Interview

Interview

The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The hiring process is the most ridiculous procedure anyone will ever endure. Having been former member of the US intelligence service, the Guardsmark is much more painful. If you are considering filling in the application process you must verify your life back to age 18 - employment, neighbors, residences, everything. Then they ask you more questions on your medical history. Not just a few but pages and pages and pages of probing and personal questions. YOu don't have to fill these out until they say they are going to hire you, so they dance around that HR issue. If you haven't gone home yet they let you answer a 500+ personality test - "When you beat your husband do you like it or just enjoy it?" Not really but it seems like it.

This is a great company if it was 1985. Paperwork by the Redwood forest and corporate HQ must review and accept everything. If you doubt how backward this company is just go check out their web site: www.guardsmark.com Your impression of the web site is exactly what the company is - stuck in the 1980's.

Interview Questions

• The whole process but especially the multi-page medical questionnaire and the 500+ plus personality profile   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Stamford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

One sided and unethical: They lost my employee file; Mandatory direct deposit; 30 days inactivity of duty quoted as of April 4, 2015; Then changed the date of inactivity to March 5, 2015; Says they could find my employee file by this evening, but as of today, July 28, 2015, I haven't heard from them. Also, claims they haven't received my FMLA form yet, which I mailed back to their office on June 16, 2015.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

Guardsmark spent nearly two weeks with the hiring process. I arrived and was given a "pre-interview" application that was about 2 pages. Filled it out then spoke with the HR guy. I guess that was the interview because there never was anything like an official interview after that. After than I filled out the FOURTY page application that required 8 references and job and address history for the last 10 years. Later I took a polygraph test which was pretty much a "did you lie on your application" type questions. Then I also did the 500+ question personality test. Eventually I had to watch about 4 hours worth of "Training films" which were filled with common sense question. Photographs and uniforms came later. Nearly two weeks after I applied I was given a post assignment. All in all the process could have been done in 2-3 days but they can not organize anything at the office and everything takes forever.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview-type questions. Just a review of the application.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Sterling Heights, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Pretty short process, longest part was the book of an application.

Applied at main office one day and was told there was nothing available. Got a call the next morning as my resume was passed on and went for interview on the following Monday. started work the next week.

Negotiation

What negotiation? There was none. Number one sign you may be headed to the wrong job!

Merchandiser Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Interview

video, asked questions, preview of job at a specific location.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was minimal, a few questions about my background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not definative at all they just told me to come in the following monday to get cpr, aed, and first aid certified. Even at this point i did not know if i had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Questions

• There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The interview was a breeze, but the hiring process took 28+ hours

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Moses Lake, WA).

Interview

Craigslist
    Meet> Application
    half day company training and testing
    Start next day
    Site training half day
    Temp license
    Full license

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take it or leave it