Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Carmel, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the local manager, at their Carmel, Indiana office, which took about a half hour. That was followed by a test, given by the assistant manager, which took me over an hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have any security guard experience, and what other job experience I had.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Norfolk, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very intrusive process. I have reviewed the process about this company before, but I wanted to revise it in light of experiences I have had since my interview with this company in 2014.I have recently been hired for a judicial counseling position within my city working with law enforcement and inmates a detention center and will be occasionally subpoenaed to testify in court . The vetting process for this job was less intrusive than the interview I had with Guardsmark. I did have to do a polygraph , but again, it was less intrusive than the 560+ questionnaire that Guardsmark subjected potential employees to and a more practical process. But then again, I was applying for a job that deals with real threats and issues. Run ,do not walk , from security companies that ask for personal information regarding your medications, family medical issues and what prescriptions they are taking, or psychological evaluations that has nothing to do with the type off job you are performing for a low level security company. Since earning my degree, my opportunities opened to for being hired for higher caliber positions than a mere $10.00 an hour position where the company feels they have to vet people like the way Guardsmark does and is not efficient with it. The process I have been through recently after being hired for my new position allows me to apply within any law enforcement capacity, including the FBI, and the process, again stated to make it perfectly clear, is less intrusive with its vetting process than Guardsmark.Its not really a difficult interview process, just an unnecessary one and inefficient .

Interview Questions

• What are medications you are currently taking? Are they for anxiety and depression? Are members of your family taking medications? Have you ever had dreams of sexually assaulting someone or fantasizing about inappropriate relationships.   1 Answer

Unacceptable level of intrusive questions into privacy of life.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

I don't even recall a face-to-face interview,
    but this is probably the longest job-getting process I've experienced.
    You'll fill out the usual forms, but also you'll spend a few hours completing a thorough psychological test (the MMPI).

Once hired--and judging from my co-workers it's not difficult--it's the easiest job you'll ever have.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a familiar face wanted in the secure area,
      but he or she did not have his or her badge or photo ID on them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Rochester, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Lengthy written application approximately 40 pages. Very thorough details about previous employers and reasons for leaving those jobs. Once my initial application was reviewed I was called back by the hr person for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you was leaving my present job to come work for Guardsmark. What skills do you have that would benefit us ? Why should we choose you over another candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Walked into an office, sat down, asked a bunch of questions and then give you a bunch of paperwork and a DVD full of stuff you have to review for the paperwork questions. Once it's over they will most likely have you go to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any tattoos? Do you mind shaving before you start? Have you used drugs before? Do you have any convictions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They told me the pay and I agreed. Needed a job so whatever they were offering was good to me.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2014.

Interview

The process is at their office. The strange part is that the manager had interviewed me when I was wearing a track suit. I did not ever wear a suit which I highly suggest for the interview. It is good practice that way.

Interview Questions

• Can you work overnight and not fall asleep in the middle of a shift   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Bay City, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

There basically was just a meeting to get all the paperwork setup and I had to go back a few times to get everything in order. Lots of paperwork to get started. Might as well take up a few days to get it all done!

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was not so good to work with this security company, I was not able to convince the human resource to hire me. She was so horible to tell you if you get hired or not. It was so frustrated to get an interview and not to get the hiring result.. I would not recommended to security officer to apply to this company. HR was so horrible to communicate with....

Interview Questions

• What would you do to be a good security supervisor?   1 Answer

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Incredibly long and ridiculous process where you are asked to find a gaggle of people to vouch for your character, answer a 500 question personality survey, sit through the usual training and videos, so you can finally be paid a little better than minimum wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to get more than $10.00 an hour. I feel like this is their base pay.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

It's really simple. They are looking for corpses to work at the sites. There is a drug test, felony background check and employment history check. That is a bout it.

If you need a PERC card, they will train you, but, you will not get paid for that training.

There is a lie detector test as well. The person going through this part of the process with me guided me along and instructed me what he was going to ask and how I should answer. I don't have any convictions, substance abuse issues or any other tangible (or otherwise) reasons why I should NOT be hired, so, I had nothing to worry about anyway. But, they do coach prospective hires.

The company does allow new hires to copy off each other during the PERC training and gives the answers to them, in end, so that each and every test (or whatever) is no less than 100%.

Also, there is this long, long survey based on morals; basically, it asks like 'The last time I smoked pot was less than a month ago. True or False' or 'It's ok to come in to work five or ten minutes late a few times a month, but, document that I was on time every day. True or False'.

The whole hiring process is pathetic as the people who show up to work are usually pretty terrible. So, when it comes time to promotion, the pick of the litter is quite sad, pitiable and dismal - it is picking the least of evils.

Interview Questions

• When can you start?
      What's your work history?   1 Answer