Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

First round interview was followed by a 40 page application (people complain about this but I'm not sure why, if you aren't willing to fill out an application then you probably don't want the job that badly), then three followup interviews on-site. There was a personality test that I found to be very interesting! The questions make you think and I had not previously been interviewed in this manner. The amount of interviewing that is conducted is impressive as they seem to screen very thoroughly for a match.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me why I wasn't the captain of an athletic team I participated on in college.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

13 interviews over 3 months -- still did not get the job. If you are not male, white and have previous law enforcement or FBI experience, do not apply. Everyone told me that I had the job until the CEO review. 13 interviews, psych eval, polygraph, 2 more interviews, medical and credit eval, and 8 references. Extremely invasive and not worth the time or money.

Vice President Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in June 2009.

Interview

Length and detailed 45 page application will check it out to the nth degree. Do not bother applying if you have any criminal record, a bankruptcy or if you have even tried drugs. Many interviews expect it to take up to 3 months. Expect to meet senior management and people not directly in your areas of expertese

Negotiation

Not much take it or leave it some (up to 10%) flexibility on salary

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Initial interview with HR was an easy and friendly experience, but the company's recruitment process is ridiculous. I understand the need for having heavy screening for security officers, but do I really need to be hooked up to a polygraph for an office position??? You will have to fill out a 40 page application, and you will be asked about if you have ever taken drugs, ever taken prescription meds that were not yours, have you ever seen a psychiatrist. The whole process is extremely invasive and unnecessary.

On top of all this, women are not allowed to wear pants in the corporate office. I don't even see how that is legal. This is 2013, not the Mad Men era.

Security Guard Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark in March 2010.

Interview

ok well i applied did all my paperwork back ground test finger prints payed for it the office said they would call me back in a week to two weeksi did all my work about 2 weeks befor some pepole i know but they got there jobs befor me i went over a coupel of weeks later found out that they had not recived my finger prints or back ground check and they didnt call to find out what happen it must have gotten lost and no one said any thing i had to re do all the paper work cuz it was now a new year and re do my background check and finger prints it took about 2-3 months in total

Interview Questions

• did i have family working for the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

find out the pay befor hand and get it on paper i was told over the phon $10 starting i got $9 starting iv been working for years now inbetween 3-6 years and now just getting $10

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2007.

Interview

Extremely comprehensive and thorough. Very demanding interviews; at least seven different interviews including psychologist, HR, executive managers, and President of the company

Salary compensation

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

I don't even recall a face-to-face interview,
    but this is probably the longest job-getting process I've experienced.
    You'll fill out the usual forms, but also you'll spend a few hours completing a thorough psychological test (the MMPI).

Once hired--and judging from my co-workers it's not difficult--it's the easiest job you'll ever have.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a familiar face wanted in the secure area,
      but he or she did not have his or her badge or photo ID on them?   Answer Question

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was not so good to work with this security company, I was not able to convince the human resource to hire me. She was so horible to tell you if you get hired or not. It was so frustrated to get an interview and not to get the hiring result.. I would not recommended to security officer to apply to this company. HR was so horrible to communicate with....

Interview Questions

• What would you do to be a good security supervisor?   1 Answer

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Incredibly long and ridiculous process where you are asked to find a gaggle of people to vouch for your character, answer a 500 question personality survey, sit through the usual training and videos, so you can finally be paid a little better than minimum wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to get more than $10.00 an hour. I feel like this is their base pay.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I received a call stating I was being offered an interview. Then three days later I had the interview which was only 3 questions. After the interview, I was told they will be in touch with me. I received a call later on that day with a job offer. The job offer was contingent to me passing a drug and background test (which took a week to complete).

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for working here?   1 Answer