Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Chantilly, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview with HR Manager
    Polygraph exam
    Psychological exam
    Criminal Record Check
    Testing/Exams
    Fingerprinting

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Kansas City, MO) in November 2009.

Interview

I went in to the Guardsmark main building downtown in person with an application. They contacted me within a week to interview and fill out paperwork for employment. I had to obtain a Private Security License, pass a background check (although I don't think very thorough, I worked with some folks that looked like they straight off the street and took drugs).

Once I got done with that, they sent me to a client facility to work and told me nothing about the job I would be doing. Once I got there the job was an outside post and you would literally guard parked cars all day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When can you start?

Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Zanesville, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

just had to fill out the paperwork. As long as you had no criminal background due to the nature of the job, and they needed guards you was hired.

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (York, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Sharonville, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

it's very simple. have to take a test to get your guard card but its very simple, all common sense.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark in February 2013.

Interview

not too professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation were needed

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

The first day was meant to be simply dropping off a resume. Once the HR guy looked over my resume, he had me fill out a job application. I was called a few days later for an interview. Pretty general interview to say the least. Next step was taking a psychological examination which consisted of over 300 questions asking me things such as "Have you thought of killing yourself (at least 10 times), do you hear voices in your head, do you think people are following you, have you tried to commit suicide"... I never found out the results but I assumed that i "passed". After that I had to get a drug test and get finger printed by the local PD. Once the results from the test came back I was called in for the training which consisted of watching multiple videos about how to do the job according to the company. A few days later I received my uniforms and conducted training at my job sight.

Negotiation

N/A

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Met with the branch manager, he had a few questions but mostly wanted to review the qualifications I had listed on my resume. Seemed relatively simple... ultimately I withdrew my candidacy as the job seemed really boring. Also.. accruing 1 week of vacation for your first couple years is a terrible policy.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and very informative but not about u or the job mainly the lies they feed you to get u in the door. First off not the most trustworthy person, they ask u real personal stuff like "do u like to have sex"? How often do u have sex etc....They are in fact so personal it makes u question them and there motives

Interview Questions

• none they don't ask u anything, but why do by want to leave your current employer, and then they go into making this job look AWESOME... which it's definitely NOT   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview within a few days. The interview was good. The interviewers were personable. However, I was sent home with an application packet to fill out. This is where the problems began...The application is 40 pages and they ask unbelievable questions on it. In addition, they wanted me to complete a "personality" test. Wow! 567 questions that will convince you that the people who wrote these questions are ultimately the ones who need psychiatric attention! Numerous questions are about sex! And the interviewing manager informed me that they will use this so-called personality test to qualify/disqualify for promotion, so apparently it remains a part of your permanent file.

In all honesty, I felt totally violated after reading over the application and the test. The most disturbing of all is that they want names, address, and phone numbers for all of your immediate family members - INCLUDING CHILDREN!!! It makes me wonder if they are going to investigate my entire family. Oh, and they want a release for your medical records, in addition to not holding them liable for any decision they make regarding the medical information! I am not comfortable providing this information to anyone and especially not to provide a written record to an employer who I am now questioning their motives.