Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Really simple and easy, sit down one on one with the hiring manager, while he repeats what you have done on the paperwork you filled out. They will ask questions about your knowledge of security and what you can provide for the company.

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Not really a interview, just basic questions to get to know you. Depending on what site you to you might have another interview. They manager went over the different sites and basically where they are going to place the new hire. The only time that was lengthy was when taking the psychological exam with 560 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everything is set in stone. either the person takes it or not.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The interview process is like grinding a stone. You must find I believe 6 reliable contacts that will vouch for you and state that you are a good worker. They will ask you questions and then figure out which site you would be best for and then you will more than likely interview with the client to decide if they would like you there.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark in May 2015.

Interview

I got called for an interview shortly after I applied. Maybe 1 week. I got there and it seemed very different from a normal. It was more like we were getting to know each other rather than getting to know about my credentials. Very friendly interview process.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in security before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I received a call stating I was being offered an interview. Then three days later I had the interview which was only 3 questions. After the interview, I was told they will be in touch with me. I received a call later on that day with a job offer. The job offer was contingent to me passing a drug and background test (which took a week to complete).

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for working here?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Stamford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

One sided and unethical: They lost my employee file; Mandatory direct deposit; 30 days inactivity of duty quoted as of April 4, 2015; Then changed the date of inactivity to March 5, 2015; Says they could find my employee file by this evening, but as of today, July 28, 2015, I haven't heard from them. Also, claims they haven't received my FMLA form yet, which I mailed back to their office on June 16, 2015.

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Edina, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

Met at the office and worked with HR. Did a couple of easy questions and aked about availibility and wage. Did not want to be a bother so said I would work for industry standard and they gave me what other guards made. They just give everyone the same. Hard to get paid more but you don't low ball your self either.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

It was a basic one on one interview. Nothing difficult about it. You are asked plenty of good questions, questions that weed out the less desirables. The client even has input on who they want and don't want. If you have Law Enforcement or Military that is a big plus

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Huge packet to fill out like 4 hours worth. after that you have to get certified and fingerprints done. Interview is simple. Start working at 40 without much training

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you wanna work for us?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview within a few days. The interview was good. The interviewers were personable. However, I was sent home with an application packet to fill out. This is where the problems began...The application is 40 pages and they ask unbelievable questions on it. In addition, they wanted me to complete a "personality" test. Wow! 567 questions that will convince you that the people who wrote these questions are ultimately the ones who need psychiatric attention! Numerous questions are about sex! And the interviewing manager informed me that they will use this so-called personality test to qualify/disqualify for promotion, so apparently it remains a part of your permanent file.

In all honesty, I felt totally violated after reading over the application and the test. The most disturbing of all is that they want names, address, and phone numbers for all of your immediate family members - INCLUDING CHILDREN!!! It makes me wonder if they are going to investigate my entire family. Oh, and they want a release for your medical records, in addition to not holding them liable for any decision they make regarding the medical information! I am not comfortable providing this information to anyone and especially not to provide a written record to an employer who I am now questioning their motives.