Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

2.4

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Huge packet to fill out like 4 hours worth. after that you have to get certified and fingerprints done. Interview is simple. Start working at 40 without much training

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you wanna work for us?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

It was a basic one on one interview. Nothing difficult about it. You are asked plenty of good questions, questions that weed out the less desirables. The client even has input on who they want and don't want. If you have Law Enforcement or Military that is a big plus

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Edina, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

Met at the office and worked with HR. Did a couple of easy questions and aked about availibility and wage. Did not want to be a bother so said I would work for industry standard and they gave me what other guards made. They just give everyone the same. Hard to get paid more but you don't low ball your self either.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The interview process is like grinding a stone. You must find I believe 6 reliable contacts that will vouch for you and state that you are a good worker. They will ask you questions and then figure out which site you would be best for and then you will more than likely interview with the client to decide if they would like you there.

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Not really a interview, just basic questions to get to know you. Depending on what site you to you might have another interview. They manager went over the different sites and basically where they are going to place the new hire. The only time that was lengthy was when taking the psychological exam with 560 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everything is set in stone. either the person takes it or not.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Really simple and easy, sit down one on one with the hiring manager, while he repeats what you have done on the paperwork you filled out. They will ask questions about your knowledge of security and what you can provide for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

It's really simple. They are looking for corpses to work at the sites. There is a drug test, felony background check and employment history check. That is a bout it.

If you need a PERC card, they will train you, but, you will not get paid for that training.

There is a lie detector test as well. The person going through this part of the process with me guided me along and instructed me what he was going to ask and how I should answer. I don't have any convictions, substance abuse issues or any other tangible (or otherwise) reasons why I should NOT be hired, so, I had nothing to worry about anyway. But, they do coach prospective hires.

The company does allow new hires to copy off each other during the PERC training and gives the answers to them, in end, so that each and every test (or whatever) is no less than 100%.

Also, there is this long, long survey based on morals; basically, it asks like 'The last time I smoked pot was less than a month ago. True or False' or 'It's ok to come in to work five or ten minutes late a few times a month, but, document that I was on time every day. True or False'.

The whole hiring process is pathetic as the people who show up to work are usually pretty terrible. So, when it comes time to promotion, the pick of the litter is quite sad, pitiable and dismal - it is picking the least of evils.

Interview Questions

• When can you start?
      What's your work history?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Bay City, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

There basically was just a meeting to get all the paperwork setup and I had to go back a few times to get everything in order. Lots of paperwork to get started. Might as well take up a few days to get it all done!

Security Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was a fairly easy process. It consisted of the application, personality test, mental health questionnaire, and then a 1 on 1 interview with both the HR specialist, and the branch manager. Then they offer conditional employment (probationary period).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

applied on line. they called me back a day later. I went down to the officer. they asked me the basic questions like what would you do in a frustraing situation. I told them what they wanted to hear. They were all nice but I never got a call back. I liked what they had to offer.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about yourself?   1 Answer