Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.4

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview within a few days. The interview was good. The interviewers were personable. However, I was sent home with an application packet to fill out. This is where the problems began...The application is 40 pages and they ask unbelievable questions on it. In addition, they wanted me to complete a "personality" test. Wow! 567 questions that will convince you that the people who wrote these questions are ultimately the ones who need psychiatric attention! Numerous questions are about sex! And the interviewing manager informed me that they will use this so-called personality test to qualify/disqualify for promotion, so apparently it remains a part of your permanent file.

In all honesty, I felt totally violated after reading over the application and the test. The most disturbing of all is that they want names, address, and phone numbers for all of your immediate family members - INCLUDING CHILDREN!!! It makes me wonder if they are going to investigate my entire family. Oh, and they want a release for your medical records, in addition to not holding them liable for any decision they make regarding the medical information! I am not comfortable providing this information to anyone and especially not to provide a written record to an employer who I am now questioning their motives.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oregon, OH).

Interview

The interview was a surprise after a long night shift for the same company. The interview itself was very unorganized and scenarios asked were unrealistic. Only 2 of us applied for the position and after the other person quit I thought I would get the job. But after about 2 months of being told to hold on and them waiting on a current supervisor I just assume that I'm not getting it. Yet they promoted another to supervisor for a different opening the same day the prior one quit.

Interview Questions

• What if there was a serious problem with one of your employees and you told me (the site manager) and I refused to do anything about it?   1 Answer

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was perhaps the easiest interview I've ever sat in. They asked a few questions regarding attentiveness and problem solving, but they acted like I already had the job just by my walking in. It wasn't even just the fact that I had an employee referral. I legitimately think they will hire anyone who doesn't have a criminal background and can pass a drug test.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and very informative but not about u or the job mainly the lies they feed you to get u in the door. First off not the most trustworthy person, they ask u real personal stuff like "do u like to have sex"? How often do u have sex etc....They are in fact so personal it makes u question them and there motives

Interview Questions

• none they don't ask u anything, but why do by want to leave your current employer, and then they go into making this job look AWESOME... which it's definitely NOT   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Clark, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

Long process, multiple references needed and papers to get notarized. Hours of training videos and paperwork. About a three day process. Any gaps in work history must be explained and may also require notarization. Some positions may require a security clearance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a bit long. A total of 3 separate interviews with 3 different levels of management. The final step is an assessment with a psychologist. A bit of a long and drawn out process. But not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?
      What are some of your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

After 7 months of intense face-to-face and phone interviews....11 interviews, one drug test, one lie-detector test...they put a hiring freeze into effect. Interviewed with two hiring managers, all of the owners of the company (via phone) and constant calls for interviews with no notice...the job was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Many tests and questions from managers and staff doctors.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Met with the branch manager, he had a few questions but mostly wanted to review the qualifications I had listed on my resume. Seemed relatively simple... ultimately I withdrew my candidacy as the job seemed really boring. Also.. accruing 1 week of vacation for your first couple years is a terrible policy.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2015.

Interview

Not recommend to anone but it was as bad as i thought it was going to be but i still took the job so im not sure on why im still complaning

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great bot bad

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

The first day was meant to be simply dropping off a resume. Once the HR guy looked over my resume, he had me fill out a job application. I was called a few days later for an interview. Pretty general interview to say the least. Next step was taking a psychological examination which consisted of over 300 questions asking me things such as "Have you thought of killing yourself (at least 10 times), do you hear voices in your head, do you think people are following you, have you tried to commit suicide"... I never found out the results but I assumed that i "passed". After that I had to get a drug test and get finger printed by the local PD. Once the results from the test came back I was called in for the training which consisted of watching multiple videos about how to do the job according to the company. A few days later I received my uniforms and conducted training at my job sight.

Negotiation

N/A