Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

2.4

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

The first day was meant to be simply dropping off a resume. Once the HR guy looked over my resume, he had me fill out a job application. I was called a few days later for an interview. Pretty general interview to say the least. Next step was taking a psychological examination which consisted of over 300 questions asking me things such as "Have you thought of killing yourself (at least 10 times), do you hear voices in your head, do you think people are following you, have you tried to commit suicide"... I never found out the results but I assumed that i "passed". After that I had to get a drug test and get finger printed by the local PD. Once the results from the test came back I was called in for the training which consisted of watching multiple videos about how to do the job according to the company. A few days later I received my uniforms and conducted training at my job sight.

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions

• There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I received a call stating I was being offered an interview. Then three days later I had the interview which was only 3 questions. After the interview, I was told they will be in touch with me. I received a call later on that day with a job offer. The job offer was contingent to me passing a drug and background test (which took a week to complete).

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for working here?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Initial interview with HR was an easy and friendly experience, but the company's recruitment process is ridiculous. I understand the need for having heavy screening for security officers, but do I really need to be hooked up to a polygraph for an office position??? You will have to fill out a 40 page application, and you will be asked about if you have ever taken drugs, ever taken prescription meds that were not yours, have you ever seen a psychiatrist. The whole process is extremely invasive and unnecessary.

On top of all this, women are not allowed to wear pants in the corporate office. I don't even see how that is legal. This is 2013, not the Mad Men era.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark in February 2013.

Interview

not too professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation were needed

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Not really a interview, just basic questions to get to know you. Depending on what site you to you might have another interview. They manager went over the different sites and basically where they are going to place the new hire. The only time that was lengthy was when taking the psychological exam with 560 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everything is set in stone. either the person takes it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interview and a week of paper work and since hired, never missed a night.

Interview Questions

• Expectation that I would look for in my potion or potion I'm seeking.   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Moses Lake, WA).

Interview

Craigslist
    Meet> Application
    half day company training and testing
    Start next day
    Site training half day
    Temp license
    Full license

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Clark, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

Long process, multiple references needed and papers to get notarized. Hours of training videos and paperwork. About a three day process. Any gaps in work history must be explained and may also require notarization. Some positions may require a security clearance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.