Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2016

2.4

Senior Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

it was a sit down meeting room discussion between me and the security manager and the account manager. about all aspects of security at this location. but the job went to a very pretty woman that did not know much about securtiy.

Interview Questions

• what makes you the most qualified for the position of security supervisor ?   1 Answer
    • what is your strongest and weakest quality ?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Kirkland, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I completed a phone interview and was called back in for a one on one interview. I was told the process would take about 3 weeks for them to do callbacks for a 3rd interview and that they would be in touch. I never received another call from them after that. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway because they don't offer vacation time until you have been there for 2 years.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Carmel, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the local manager, at their Carmel, Indiana office, which took about a half hour. That was followed by a test, given by the assistant manager, which took me over an hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have any security guard experience, and what other job experience I had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Walked into an office, sat down, asked a bunch of questions and then give you a bunch of paperwork and a DVD full of stuff you have to review for the paperwork questions. Once it's over they will most likely have you go to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any tattoos? Do you mind shaving before you start? Have you used drugs before? Do you have any convictions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They told me the pay and I agreed. Needed a job so whatever they were offering was good to me.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2014.

Interview

The process is at their office. The strange part is that the manager had interviewed me when I was wearing a track suit. I did not ever wear a suit which I highly suggest for the interview. It is good practice that way.

Interview Questions

• Can you work overnight and not fall asleep in the middle of a shift   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark in May 2015.

Interview

I got called for an interview shortly after I applied. Maybe 1 week. I got there and it seemed very different from a normal. It was more like we were getting to know each other rather than getting to know about my credentials. Very friendly interview process.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in security before?   1 Answer

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was perhaps the easiest interview I've ever sat in. They asked a few questions regarding attentiveness and problem solving, but they acted like I already had the job just by my walking in. It wasn't even just the fact that I had an employee referral. I legitimately think they will hire anyone who doesn't have a criminal background and can pass a drug test.

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application, the first application wasn't that long. The usual questions were asked considering this is a security position. The first interview was short and the woman I spoke to was very polite and was straight to the point. The second application is a booklet that takes a very long time to fill out, be prepared to provide all of your siblings information I.E. address and phone numbers. Also be prepared with 4 neighborhood references that aren't in the same house or related in any way to you and 4 professional references as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is flat out not really a lot of room to negotiate unless you have prior experience in this field specifically. Around $10 to start out

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions

• There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.